Spring 2019 Semester
General Anatomy & Physiology: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 8:00 A.M.-11:20 P.M. (Face-to-Face video lecture will be held from 9:15-10:00 A.M.*)
Developmental Psychology: Tuesday & Thursday 8:00 A.M.-11:20 P.M. (Face-to-Face video lecture will be held from 9:30-10:20 A.M.*)
*Video lectures will be recorded if student is not able to participate at the time indicated.
The following is a tentative course rotation that may be subject to change.
|Fall 1||Medical Terminology||3||10-501-101|
|Fall 1||Fundamental of Chemistry||2||10-806-109|
|Fall 1||Nursing Assistant||3||30-543-300|
|Spring 1||General A&P||4||10-806-177|
|Spring 1||Developmental Psychology||3||10-809-188|
|Summer 1||Oral/Interpersonal Communication||3||10-801-196|
|Fall 2||Nursing Fundamentals**||2||10-543-101|
|Fall 2||Nursing Skills||3||10-543-102|
|Spring 2||Nursing Pharmacology**||2||10-543-103|
|Spring 2||NSG: Intro Clinical Practice||2||10-543-104|
|Summer 2||Written Communication||3||10-801-195|
|Fall 3||Nursing Health Alterations**||3||10-543-105|
|Fall 3||NSG: Clin Care Across Lifespan||2||10-543-107|
|Spring 3||Nursing Health Promotion**||3||10-543-106|
|Spring 3||NSG: Intro Clinical Care Mgmt||2||10-543-108|
|Spring 3||Adv Anatomy & Physiology||4||10-806-179|
|Total||Year One Complete!!!||44|
**Student may enroll in online section if cumulative Southwest Tech GPA is 3.2 or higher.
- Prior to acceptance in the 11-12-14 core nursing program courses (Associate Degree Nursing – Part-time Program) as a high school junior or senior, all interested students will need to make arrangements to take the HESI exam on Southwest Tech’s campus. All exams need to be completed by August 1. Students must meet the minimum HESI requirements must have successfully completed the foundation courses.
- The nine week nursing assistant program requires students to complete 54 hours of clinical time (normally after 4 pm and attendance is required). NOTE: Nursing Assistant tuition is regular price.
- When students begin nursing program clinical, they will occur on Thursday (day and evening hours), Friday and/or Saturday. Students interested in this track must commit to and have the ability to attend the classes at the scheduled locations.
- When students begin nursing core classes, they will be offered in the evenings or on Saturday. Students must commit to and have the ability to attend the classes at this time if cumulative Southwest Tech GPA is below 3.2. If cumulative GPA is 3.2 or higher, the student may instead choose to enroll in the online course section. A 3.2 GPA must be maintained to continue in online courses in each subsequent semester of program participation.
- Upon completion of the CollEDGE Up 11-12-14 Nursing Program (44 credits), students will continue enrollment in the ADN – Part-time Program following high school graduation to complete the 2nd year program requirements.