Getting Started Online
Requirements and expectations for online students.
Access to the Southwest Tech Bookstore for online purchases.
Study Skills Course: Prepare yourself to succeed in your studies. If you are returning to school after a few years away, or if you struggled as a student, then this course is for you. You can take it completely online or come into the Knox Learning Center to work. Contact Pete Esser, the instructor for this course.
Library Services: The Southwest Tech library provides 24-hour online access to over 47,000 resources.
TechConnect: TechConnect is an employment resource that connects Wisconsin Technical College students and graduates, looking for employment in their field, to employers.
SkillsTutor: An online program designed to improve student academic achievement. Practice your skills on your own in this computer-based program. Contact Beth Cummins who will get you started.
Writing Resources: The Writing Center at Southwest Tech has many resources to help with writing assignments. Click on the "Resources" tab for general guides which may apply to your specific assignment.
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College has a Support Services Specialist who reviews all requests for accommodations from students with disabilities. Students with disabilities, who need accommodations, must contact Support Services, Building 100, Room 108, 800.362.3322 extension 2631, local 608.822.2631, or TTY/TDD 608.822.2072 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and complete a Accommodation Request Form .
How do I apply for an accommodation?
- Contact the Support Service Specialist at the e-mail address above or via phone/TDD.
- Complete the Accommodation Request Form and send appropriate documentation of your disability.
E-mail Accounts for Students (TechMail):
- Click the Student Email icon (always appears in the header on every web page): Student Email
- You will be prompted to enter your Username and Password.
- Your username will be the first three letters of your last name and the last four numbers of your student ID. Example: doe4567
- Your password is your student ID#, which can be found on your student ID card.
- Your username and password will be entered in all lowercase letters. Example: doe4567
- If you do not have a password, you must activate your account.