Is This Program for You?
Good analytical skills and the ability to work independently will give you a good start in the Accounting Assistant program. If you are adaptable, energetic, organized, detail-oriented and a good communicator, you may thrive in today's accounting profession.
Students entering the Accounting Assistant program should:
- Enjoy working with detail.
- Have a background or interest in mathematics, communications, and accounting.
- Like system and order.
- Technical diploma - one year or more to complete.
- Day and evening classes.
- High school articulation courses accepted.
- Financial aid available.
- Classes start in August or January.
- Associate degree accounting program can be completed in one additional year.
- Modified plan available.
Related Degrees & Certificates
At the completion of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- Process financial transactions throughout the accounting cycle
- Analyze basic financial and business information to support planning and decision-making
- Perform payroll preparation, reporting, and analysis tasks
Employment prospects for accounting assistants are always good, with graduates finding employment in a wide range of business settings. Their education in the operation of high-tech office equipment and general office procedures meet present and future needs of today's office. Graduates are finding jobs in a variety of areas such as:
- Account Clerk
- Office Assistant
- Tax Accountant
- Payroll Accountant
- Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk
Career Pathways offer new ways to achieve your education goals. Instead of studying just one program, the Career Pathways model links related academic programs in a sequence. Each program offers direct job preparation AND a path to the next higher academic program. Learn More