Life can bring about unfortunate events of medical or traumatic emergency; a Paramedic is a highly trained and skilled medical professional ready to assist those in need. Paramedics integrate Advanced Life Support treatment measures into the challenging pre-hospital environment. The Technical Diploma Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Paramedic is an entry level educated Paramedic meeting the minimum national educational standards.
What you will learn:
- Prepare for incident response and EMS operations
- Integrate pathophysiological principles and assessment findings for a variety of patient encounters
- Demonstrate paramedic skills associated with established standards and procedures for a variety of patient encounters
- Communicate effectively with others
- Demonstrate professional behavior
- Meet state and national competency requirements for paramedic credentialing
The EMT-Paramedic program will now be offered Face-To-Face on the Southwest Tech main campus.
The virtual lecture will be on location at the Southwest Tech main campus Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. The Lab Skills will be Tuesday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Curriculum, Requirements and Application
The Emergency Medical Technician program is run through Lakeshore Technical College (LTC). View the course curriculum, requirements and apply online at the LTC EMT-Paramedic program page.
Is This Program for You?
Students entering the EMT-Paramedic program should:
- Desire to serve community
- Ability to make decisions in stressful situations
- Willingness to be a lifelong learner
- Enjoy high paced lifestyle
At the completion of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- Prepare for incident response and EMS operations.
- Integrate pathophysiological principles and assessment findings for a variety of patient encounters.
- Demonstrate paramedic skills associated with established standards and procedures for a variety of patient encounters.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Demonstrate professional behavior.
- Meet state and national competency requirements for paramedic credentialing.
The Emergency Paramedic Technician program is designed to lead to a license in Wisconsin EMT Licensure. More licensure information can be found on the Program Accreditations and Licensure page.
- Career Opportunities
The profession of EMT-Paramedic is a front-line healthcare position. The Emergency Medical Technician program prepares graduates for careers as:
Southwest Tech's Career Connections Center offers Services to assist students looking for job placement.