Many adults, for one reason or another, have not accomplished their goal of reaching the level of education they desire for themselves or their families. The basic skills competencies presented in the Adult Basic Education (ABE) program are those which enable adults to participate in today's society.
Through the ABE program, adults can:
- Gain reading, writing, mathematics, thinking, speaking and listening skills, and computer literacy
- Gain the necessary skills to meet entrance requirements for vocational and technical post-secondary programs
- Study to pass the General Education Development (GED) or the High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) examinations
- Obtain computer skills
- Obtain critical thinking skills needed to meet the challenges in our changing world
- Improve academic performance to be able to pass the COMPASS Entrance test
The above services are available FREE OF CHARGE!
By developing and enhancing personal and academic skills, adults are better prepared to transition into the labor market or higher academic or vocational training.
What To Expect
When you first visit an outreach site, we'll help you assess your strengths and weaknesses in the areas you want to focus on. This will help us to deliver the most effective, personalized tutoring and instruction to help you reach your goals. Simply continue to visit us as frequently as your schedule permits. Please note that our schedules do occasionally change, so be sure to check the outreach sites schedule for your location.