Important Information about GED/HSED Testing
The 2014 GED assessment will continue to provide students the opportunity to earn a high school credential, but it goes further by measuring career- and college-readiness skills that are the focus of today's curriculum and tomorrow's success.
The 2014 GED® Test Specifications
- Tests are administered in English and Spanish
- Students can test three times on the same subject without waiting. After the third attempt, there is a 60-day waiting period before trying again.
- Tests are delivered on computer (not online). Paper testing only available as an accommodation.
The 2014 GED® Test consists of four content areas:
- Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA) (150 minutes)
- Mathematical Reasoning (115 minutes)
- Science (90 minutes)
- Social Studies (90 minutes)
Tests consist of 7 different item types:
- Extended response Hot spot
- Drag-and-drop Multiple choice
- Drop-down Short answer
To learn more about the new test visit the GED Testing Service website.