The UW Placement test is given to students entering the Liberal Arts program.
Scheduling an Appointment
Placement tests are generally given on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:00am, 11:00am, and 1:00pm. Scheduling a test can be done by either calling the Testing Center at 608.822.2313 or registering online. Payment is required when scheduling an appointment.
Payments for placement tests are due when the appointment is made. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please call the testing center as soon as possible. If students do not notify the testing center at least 30 minutes before their appointment, they will forfeit their testing fee. Payments can be made over the phone using a credit or debit card; online registration payments can be made with a credit or debit card.
- A valid photo I.D. is required for testing.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the testing center.
- Personal belongings are not allowed in testing rooms, lockers are available.
UW Placement - Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of test is it?
- UW Placement is a paper and pencil test that covers math and English.
- How long does the testing take?
- Students are given 90 minutes for each section (math and English).
- Is there a charge for testing?
- The UW Placement test costs $10.
- Do I need to bring anything for testing?
- A valid photo I.D. is required for testing. Pencils, scratch paper, and calculators are furnished for testing.
- When will I find out what my test scores are?
- Students will receive their results in approximately one week and will need to schedule an appointment with their Advisor to review them. Appointments can be made by calling Student Services at 608.822.2354.
- What if I need accommodations for testing?
- Students with disabilities, who need accommodations, should contact the office of the Support Services Specialist, Building 100, Room 108, 608.822.2631, TTY/TDD 608.822.2072, or e-mail email@example.com.
- What if I need to take a placement test, but do not live close to campus?
- Contact the Testing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2313 to make arrangements for testing at a location closer to you.