A Challenge Exam is an exam developed by Southwest Tech faculty that allows a student to demonstrate that they can meet the competencies of a course. Successful completion of a Challenge Exam allows a student to earn credit for that course toward completion of the program.
Depending on the course, the challenge exam could be a written or standard test or a demonstration test. Not all classes have the option for a challenge test.
TO REQUEST TO TAKE A CHALLENGE EXAM:
- Contact the testing center to let the staff know which course you would like to take a test for and who the instructor is (if you know).
- The testing center will contact the instructor to arrange for a test.
- The testing center will arrange a time for you to take the test.
- Your account will be billed for the test once it is scheduled.
- Once the test is scored, you will be notified.
- If you pass, the credit will be awarded.
- The cost to take a challenge exam is $50 for a standard test and $90 for a demonstration test.
- The fee applies to each test taken.
- The charge will be added to the student’s account once the test is scheduled.
- This fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome.
- Testing fees may be eligible for financial aid.