Identified Essential Programs Resume
to finish required hands-on learning
March 16 – May 31, 2020
Limited In-Person Operations
Summer programming and college-wide operations
June 1 – August 2, 2020
Phase 3 Current
Expanded In-Person Operations
Southwest Tech continues instruction with safety protocols in place
- Temperature checks at every entrance
- Face Masks Required
- Social Distancing practices in place
- Occupational skills-based instruction will be face-to-face
- General Education and theory-based education will be delivered remotely
- Campus services are remote or in-person by appointment
Southwest Tech will begin the fall semester in August and complete it in December. The delivery method of instruction may change depending on evolving health and safety conditions.
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College cares about people including the students and communities we serve and the faculty and staff we employ. We hope the COVID-19 Return to Campus Guidelines and Policies – Phase 3 will help individuals feel more comfortable returning to campus. Our goal is to be deliberate about returning to campus as we take the health and safety of everyone very seriously.
Frequently Asked Questions
As the pandemic continues and the situation in our communities change, we have put together a series of Frequently Asked Questions to help us all have an understanding of where we are at and how Southwest Tech is responding to this pandemic. Please understand that as the situation changes, these FAQs will be updated.
Delivery Modes Explained
Southwest Tech offers courses in four different delivery modes: Online, Remote, Blended, and Face-To-Face. These delivery modes are explained on our Delivery Format Definitions page.
The better we do limiting the spread of the virus, the sooner we can move forward together. Simple reminders to help protect ourselves and others from getting sick:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Stay home as much as possible – If you do have to go out, practice social distancing
- Use a cloth face cover when around others in public
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces