The Southwest Tech Child Care Center (licensed through the State of Wisconsin as SWTC Kids Town USA) provides the children of students, staff, and members of the community with quality childcare services for children from newborn through twelve years of age.
Our caring and knowledgeable teachers offer age-appropriate activities in a safe, nurturing environment. A low child-to-teacher ratio allows our experienced staff to focus on each child's individual needs and provide them with the highest quality of early childhood education while providing loving care. Teachers and staff communicate with parents daily, and parents are encouraged to take an active role in their children's education.
School Year Hours:
Monday, 7:00am - 6:15pm
Thursday – Friday, 7:00am – 5:00pm
7:00am – 5:30pm (The center is closed on Fridays during the months of June and July).
The Center will be closed during school holidays, College in-service days, and convention days per Southwest Tech's calendar.
- Fees & Supplies
Southwest Tech Student Rate
Contracted Rate* Non-Contracted Rate Infant (0-1): $3.25 per hour Not available Second Infant: Same Not available Toddler (1-2): $3.25 per hour Not available Two Year Old: $3.00 per hour $4.00 per hour Three to Twelve Years Old: $2.75 per hour $3.75 per hour Second Child (1 – 12): $2.25 per hour $3.25 per hour After School Child: $4.25 per hour (minimum of one hour)
Faculty, Staff, and Community Rate
Contracted Rate* Non-Contracted Rate Infant (0-1): $3.75 per hour Not available Second Infant: Same Not available Toddler (1-2): $3.75 per hour Not available Two Year Old: $3.50 per hour $4.50 per hour Three to Twelve Years Old: $3.25 per hour $4.25 per hour Second Child (1 – 12): $2.75 per hour $3.75 per hour After School Child: $4.25 per hour (minimum of one hour)
$20 program fee per child per semester is due at the time of registration. This will cover the cost of juice, milk, art materials, field trips, etc.
*Contracts will be signed for a specific number of hours a day per week for the semester for each child. Parents are responsible for payment whether or not their child is in attendance, except for days the Center is closed and hours allotted for absences.
- Meals & Snacks
Meals & Snacks
- A nutritional breakfast of juice, cereal, and milk is served each morning until 8:30am.
- A hot lunch prepared by Food Services, Inc., is available through the Center at a reasonable cost, $2.00 per day, or parents may provide sack lunches. Lunch will be served at approximately 11:00am (10:45am in the Infant/Toddler Center).
- Snacks are provided morning and afternoon. Milk, juice and snacks will be provided by the Center. Cereal is provided by parents.
- Parents of infants up through twelve months of age are responsible for furnishing baby food, cereal, juice, bottles of breast milk and/or formula.
- Breastfeeding mothers are responsible for setting up a nursing schedule suitable for the child (or infant) as well as the Child Care Center staff. A nursing room is available in the Center. A backup of breast milk or formula must be available.
- All bottles of formula must be made at home prior to bringing your child to the Center each day.
Parents should supply the following for their children:
- Baby food, juice, cereal, and/or breast milk (under age one)
- Breakfast cereal (ages two and up)
- Changes of clothing
- Diapers and wipes, if necessary
- Sleeping bag (age one and up)
- Paint shirt
- 1 - 2 boxes of Kleenex per child per semester
- Interest items are welcome. These can be things that complement the unit, concept, or season that we are learning and can be used as a "show and tell" experience.
- Daily Schedule
Sample Daily Schedule
Schedule will vary to meet the needs of the children.
7:00am Center Opens The Center is set up for the day with activity materials special for the day. Children begin arriving, are greeted and given a health check. 7:30am Free play and self-directed activities The children are free to choose activities of interest to them. This is a good time for staff to give individual and personal attention to each child. 8:00am Breakfast Served until 8:30am 9:00am Pickup time The children and staff put all equipment and toys into the proper places, toilet, wash hands. 9:15am Group activities Varies from day to day. Activities include art, cooking, science projects, math, sensory, etc. 10:15am Group play When weather permits we go outdoors. 10:40am Quiet group activities Together time, calendar, music, language arts, library. 11:00am Lunch 11:45am Prepare for rest and/or go outside Nap/rest/quiet activities/outside if weather permits, then rest time. 2:00pm Children wake up gradually As children awaken, quiet activities will be available 2:30pm Nutritional snack 2:45pm Free play and self-directed activities When weather permits we go outdoors. Children are picked up throughout the afternoon. 5:00pm (5:30pm in summer) Center closes