Southwest Tech is here for you! Our staff provides you with the resources to support you as an individual while you advance in your education towards a great career.
Bettermynd Telemental Health Service
Free Bettermynd telemental health service is now available for both face-to-face and online-only students! Bettermynd provides a diverse group of therapists to meet all of your mental health needs!
1. Go to https://www.bettermynd.com and click on the “Register” button at the top right of the screen.
2. Fill out the requested fields and then click “Sign-Up”.
3. Check your email inbox for a verification link.
NOTE: If you didn’t receive an email, check your SPAM folder. Still having issues? Email us at
4. Create your password and complete your confidential BetterMynd profile.
5. Schedule your free therapy sessions
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Coordinator
Southwest Tech has formed several student groups that both support and educate members and the rest of the student population.
These Groups Include:
Resources for those in Crisis
- Crisis Hopeline- Text-based support for all ages- text “hopeline” or “LGBTQ” to 741741
- National Runaway Safeline– 1-800-786-2929
- National Suicide Hotline– 1-800-273-8255
- SAGE LGBT Elder Hotline– Peer-support and local resources for older adults- 1-888-234-SAGE
- Teen Crisis Text Support– Text-based support for teens- text “Life” to 839863
- Trans Lifeline – Peer support hotline- 877-565-8860 or www.translifeline.org
- Trevor Project– LGBTQ support line- 1-866-488-7386 or www.thetrevorproject.org
- Crawford County Crisis Services- (888) 552-6642
- Grant/Iowa County Crisis Line– 24-hour support for residents of Grant or Iowa counties in Wisconsin- 1-800-362-5717
- Lafayette County Crisis Line– 24-hour support for residents of Lafayette county Wisconsin- 1-888-552-6642
- NAMI Southwestern Wisconsin- Phone 608-485-3719, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website southwesternwi.wix.com/nami
- Richland County Crisis Hotline- 888-552-6642
Southwest Wisconsin Local Resources
#BLKPvilleCom Black Platteville Community is simply a group of people who share aspirations. They support and realize new possibilities for Black full existence and liberation. If you believe you want to be a part (*and identify as part of Black Disapora, person of color, bi-interracial, parent/guardian/caretaker of Black children, Black affiliation/association from Grant, Iowa, Lafayette, and Dubuque counties) you are invited to join their group. This group can be contacted via email at email@example.com or by phone at 608-301-5328 or by visiting their social media platforms.
The MultiCultural Outreach Program located in Dodgeville, WI offers services to those living in Grant, Green, Iowa, Lafayette, & Richland Counties. The program issues ID cards, provides guidance in identifying medical providers, and offers bilingual services. The MultiCultural Outreach Program can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-642-1753. Or you can send mail to:
PO Box 414
Dodgeville, WI 53533
Southwest Wisconsin Rainbow Alliance is a group of individuals in the southwest Wisconsin area who are dedicated to supporting and advocating for the LGBTQIA+ individuals in our community. They host monthly support groups, public board meetings, and opportunities for social engagement. A link to contacting members of the group can be found on their website. Or you can send mail to:
P.O. Box 125
Platteville, WI 53818