Southwest Tech is here for you! Our staff provides you with the resources to support you as an individual while you advance in your education towards a great career.
Mental Health Counselor
Free Bettermynd teletherapy is available to all students! Bettermynd provides a diverse group of therapists to meet all of your mental health needs!
Go to https://www.bettermynd.com and click on the “Register” button at the top right of the screen. After registering, then check your email for a verification link.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Southwest Tech has formed several student groups that both support and educate members as well as the rest of the student population on campus.
These groups include:
Southwest Wisconsin Local Resources
MultiCultural Outreach Program
Located in Dodgeville, WI, the Multicultural Outreach Program offers services such as ID card issuance, identifying medical providers, and bilingual services. For more information, you can email email@example.com or call 608.642.1753.
You may also send mail to:
PO Box 414
Dodgeville, WI 53533
Southwest Wisconsin Rainbow Alliance
The Southwest Wisconsin Rainbow Alliance is dedicated to the support and advocation of the LGBTQIA+ individuals in our communities. There are many opportunities to be involved, whether it be their monthly support groups, board meetings, or social engagement. You can reach members of the group on their website via their contact link, by email, or via mail at:
PO Box 125
Platteville, WI 53818
Resources for those in Crisis
- Crisis Hopeline- Text-based support for all ages- text “hopeline” or “LGBTQ” to 741741
- National Runaway Safeline– 1-800-786-2929
- National Suicide Hotline– 988
- SAGE LGBT Elder Hotline– Peer-support and local resources for older adults- 1-888-234-SAGE
- Teen Crisis Text Support– Text-based support for teens- text “Life” to 839863
- Trans Lifeline – Peer support hotline- 877-565-8860 or www.translifeline.org
- Trevor Project– LGBTQ support line- 1-866-488-7386 or www.thetrevorproject.org
- Crawford County Crisis Services- (888) 552-6642
- Grant/Iowa County Crisis Line– 24-hour support for residents of Grant or Iowa counties in Wisconsin- 1-800-362-5717
- Lafayette County Crisis Line– 24-hour support for residents of Lafayette county Wisconsin- 1-888-552-6642
- NAMI Southwestern Wisconsin- Phone 608-485-3719, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website southwesternwi.wix.com/nami
- Richland County Crisis Hotline- 888-552-6642