The Online Classroom has Everything in One Spot, a learning management system.
Schoology is used at Southwest Tech.
Your online course will consist of the following:
- Course Materials: text book readings, online readings, Power Points, videos and recorded lectures
- Course Assignments: submitted through Schoology by uploading documents created in Microsoft Office products; some assignments require video recordings you create.
- Discussion Boards: have a written discussion among classmates on topics specific to the unit/chapter. Some instructors do weekly group chat sessions as well.
- Quizzes/Exams: taken directly on Schoology, with instant results.
- Grades: Track your grades any time during your course and view a detailed breakdown of how you’re doing so far, including instructor feedback on completed assignments
- Calendars with the due dates for easy pacing and accountability
*Note: all action items in courses have due dates and these are strictly adhered to.
- Instructors: you have direct contact with instructors through phone calls, emails and video chats.
- Members: see everyone who is taking the class with you, get their contact information, offer support to one another.
- Online Navigator: go to person for online learners to find answers, resources and direction.
- Student Portal: one stop shop for student email, campus updates and information, and student specific information
- Campus resources: same access as face to face students.