Southwest Tech supports our online students with personal and academic support
Southwest Tech offers professional tutors (Academic Coaches) for every subject. One-to-one and group sessions can be scheduled in our Knox Learning Center or through video chat.
Academic Coaches Assist With
- Managing time/coursework
- Enhancing study skills
- Developing test-taking skills
- Providing supplemental resources
Services are free, available online, and easy to schedule.
Online Learning 101 Course – Learn how to use Schoology before your first online course begins. Every first-time online student will see the class called Online Learning 101 in their Schoology course list. Learn how to navigate Schoology, submit assignments, complete tests, and more.
Need help with Schoology, contact:
Tips for Success
- Read all communication in your student email, student portal, and Schoology.
- Download the Schoology App.
- Click on the calendar icon in Schoology for all assignments for the month. This is a great way to map out and schedule when you will complete coursework.
- Ask lots of questions and never make assumptions.
- Use your resources! SWTC faculty and staff are here to help you succeed.
- Plan for next semester now.
Southwest Tech EBSCO Discovery Layer provides a streamlined, research database, giving you instant access to e-journals, magazines, scholarly articles, videos, and eBooks for any subject area. This service is part of Southwest Tech Library.
Hoonuit provides training tutorials on all software and web topics. The tutorials are presented in a short and easy-to-understand format. Listed in every course, under the folder titled “Student and Faculty Resources”
NetTutor is online, live-help, available after-hours, for any subject area. No charge to the student. Listed in every course, under the folder titled “Student and Faculty Resources” and then subfolder “Academic Help”.
Information Technology Services (ITS)
Southwest Tech IT Charger Help Desk can provide information, resolve access issues to student related accounts, help with mobile device integration, and install your free Microsoft Office.
MySWTC Student Portal is your go to place for information about your schooling such as schedules, tuition bill, financial aid, books, and registration. In addition you will find news and updates, direct links to your courses and resources.