UPDATE FROM PRESIDENT, JASON S. WOOD, Ph.D. – March 17, 2020
Dear faculty and staff,
Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times.
Faculty and staff may return to campus beginning March 17 starting at 8:00 a.m. unless you are under a travel restriction quarantine or not feeling well. Please only come to campus if you need to complete tasks essential to your job responsibilities. If you have questions about what that means please reach out to your supervisor. The main campus in Fennimore will open to current students from 8:00 a.m.. and remain open until 4:30 p.m. There may be a few other campus visitors as well but we are not actively advertising that we are “open”.
The college will open tomorrow with a minimal amount of critical services. All supervisors of service departments will determine what specific services the college will be providing and report them to EOC Operations Manager, Dan Imhoff. We will update the college with this information tomorrow.
Decisions have been made about the following service areas:
- The Southwest Tech Child Care Center will be closed starting today through April 6, 2020. Parents have been notified.
- Food services is closed Monday, March 16 – March 20.
- Outreach Centers will be closed until April 6.
- Student Housing will remain open to current residents only and we are requesting that no guests are allowed into the buildings.
Campus Services Schedule
March 17– April 6, campus will be reopen for critical services from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Public campus entrances are reduced to control and monitor guests on campus so that we can enforce safety precautions. The only entrance for public access will be the main entrance in building 400. The Health Science building will have restricted public access for the Crossing Rivers Clinic only.
Door signs will direct everyone to use the main entrance and check-in at the front desk.
Revised Instruction Schedule
- March 16-20 all classes canceled with the exception of essential emergency services training. Faculty and staff prepare for the alternative delivery methods to ensure students have a continuous path to graduation and to provide services to our students in need. Service areas will meet to prepare students for this current situation and provide support for the transition.
- March 23 -April 3 Classes in alternative delivery
- April 6- beyond Class delivery options will be determined on a future basis. These considerations will based upon current and predicted conditions, as well as guidance from the State of Wisconsin and the Federal government.
Faculty are encouraged to work with their supervisors to modify programming, allow for assistance with formatting, delivery, lectures, et al. If additional assistance is required, please work with the Innovative and Alternative Learning team to make this transition as smooth as possible. Currently, a timeline of Monday, March 23 is anticipated for classes to resume. Each division has sent out a message to faculty for specifics regarding course delivery updates.
We are closely monitoring the federal government’s proposed legislation and how it impacts emergency leave provisions as well as updates from our state executive leadership.
Please continue to use the website for important updates. If you have thoughts, ideas, feedback, or questions, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. A team of people is regularly monitoring it.
Finally, please know we continue to hope for your health and well-being.