Thank you for your interest in the Southwest Wisconsin Technical College District Board. Applications for the 2019-22 membership term will be accepted beginning Friday, April 12, 2019, through Thursday, April 25, 2019, by 4:00 p.m.
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College is governed by a nine-member district board appointed by the school board presidents from the 30 K-12 school districts within the Southwest Tech district. Pursuant to Wisconsin statute 38.08(1)(a), the district board consists of two employer members, two employee members, three additional members, one elected official member who holds a state or local office, and one school district administrator.
Each year, three members are elected to serve three-year terms beginning July 1. The annual appointment process typically begins in February. Board members are not paid except for expenses incurred in the performance of their duties.
2019 Position Vacancies
The following vacancy is currently open on the Southwest Tech District Board:
- Employer Member (North): This position carries a three-year term expiring June 30, 2022.
The following vacancy will occur on the Southwest Tech District Board on July 1, 2019:
- Employee Member (North): 3-year term, expiring June 30, 2022
The appointment will be made in accordance with the Plan of Representation which specifies categories of membership as well as geographic areas of representation within the district. Equal consideration is given to the general population distribution within the Southwest Tech district, as well as to the distribution of women and minorities. Consideration is also given to representatives of business and industry as required for employer and employee representatives. No two members of the Southwest Tech Board may be officials of the same governmental unit, nor may any Board member be a member of the school board that employs the school district administrator member. All applicants are eligible to apply and be considered for the additional member category.
There are four requirements all applicants must meet to be eligible for appointment:
- Must reside within the Southwest Tech District.
- Must submit a properly completed application/affidavit (below) within 14 days of publication of the official announcement.
- Must submit at least two letters of reference supporting his/her candidacy with the completed application/affidavit; and
- Must attend an appointment meeting/public hearing in person and be interviewed.
- Application/Affidavit – Due April 25, 2019, no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Overview of the Wisconsin Technical College System