Southwest Wisconsin Technical College will be a preferred provider of education, source of talent, and place of employment in the region. We at the College change lives by providing opportunities for success.
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College provides education and training opportunities responsive to students, employers, and communities.
- Provide apprenticeship, certificate, technical diploma, and associate degree programs that respond to District workforce needs and prepare students for family-sustaining jobs and career advancement.
- Provide customized training, retraining, and technical assistance to businesses, industries, and individuals that foster economic development and the expansion of employment opportunities.
- Collaborate with schools to provide K-12 students opportunities to explore college and career options as well as to enhance their preparation for postsecondary education and employment.
- Provide career pathways and collegiate transfer opportunities programs that enable graduates to continue their education.
- Provide continuing education opportunities to enhance the occupational knowledge and skills of District workers and residents.
- Provide Adult Basic Education, GED/HSED, bridge, and other programs that help unskilled or low-skilled individuals prepare for work, postsecondary education, or career advancement.
- Provide education and services which address barriers created by stereotyping and discriminating and assist minorities, women and the handicapped or disadvantaged to participate in the work force and the full range of technical college programs and activities.
- Provide community services and avocational or self-enrichment activities.
- Learning. We make high-quality, affordable education accessible to our diverse population. We help students develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for workforce success.
- Integrity. We promote a cohesive culture that is based on professionalism, fairness, trust, and respect. We work as a team to maintain a healthy environment of open communication, transparency, and dedication to the mission of Southwest Tech.
- Accountability. We hold ourselves and our teams responsible for achieving academic and fiscal College goals as established by the District Board.
- Partnerships. We work together to set and attain goals that support our strategic directions. We collaborate internally with students and staff and externally with businesses, donors, alumni, retirees, and the community to identify needs and provide services that impact lives.
- Innovation. We foster creativity and student success while exceeding industry needs. We leverage our rural perspective and progressive entrepreneurial spirit by utilizing emerging technologies that incorporate trend-setting techniques and strategies.
- Continuous Improvement. We attract forward-thinking team members. We support and promote their personal and professional development in order to produce high-quality, relevant programs and services, essential to our growth and sustainability as a college.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800.362.3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
View our Equal Opportunity Statement on the Publications page.