The purpose of Charger Tech 360 is to support students with the technology they need to complete their degree at Southwest Tech.
Charger Tech 360 is designed to offer complete technical support so you don't have to worry about the "techy" stuff, and just concentrate on learning.
What You Get With Charger Tech 360
Charger Tech 360 is more than just a laptop, it's support, software, and service when you need it.
Support and Service
Charger Technology Support Center
Charger Tech 360 gives students access to the Charger Technology Support Center located in Room 314A (in the Knox Learning Center) and is available Monday – Friday from 8 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Support is only provided for software issued and used by Southwest Tech staff and students. We do not provide support for personal software on school-issued laptops, or personal hardware components attached to school-issued laptops.
- Laptop hardware support is provided solely by the Charger Technology Support Center. (Additional fees may be assessed due to laptop damage)
- We can be reached by phone or email during our staffed hours – 608-822-4357, email the Charger Technology Support Center. Please leave a voice message or email if support needs arise during after-hours.
All students will have school-wide software pre-installed on the laptops. Additionally, program-specific software is available and instructors will let you know what software is needed for your coursework.
Pre-Installed School-Wide Software
- Adobe Reader - PDF viewer
- Microsoft 365 Apps - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, OneNote
- Respondus Lockdown Browser - Schoology testing software
- TeamViewer - Remote support software
- VLC Media Player - Multimedia player that plays most multimedia file types and formats
- Windows Defender - Anti-virus software
- Zoom - Video conferencing software
Program Specific Software
- Ag Leader SMS (Additional Instructions)
- CCC Timeclock (Additional Instructions)
- Dairy Comp Academic
- MasterCam (Additional Instructions)
- Microsoft Visio
- PicoScope (Additional Instructions)
- QuickBooks (Additional Instructions)
- RationPRO MVP
- Sage 50 (Additional Instructions)
- SketchUp (Additional Instructions)
- Torchmate CAD EDU (Additional Instructions)
- VMWare Horizon Client
An HP EliteBook 745 G6 -Windows10 Pro64 is shipped to each eligible student. Each laptop comes with a Targus Groove, with Southwest Tech's logo and name embroidered on the backpack.
Additionally, students receive hardware support and accidental damage protection.
How Charger Tech 360 works
For the 2020-2021 academic year, all students will receive a rebate for the technology fee. Next year, the 2021-2022 academic year, all eligible students will be charged a technology fee of $400 each semester. Two year program students will be able to keep the machine after two years. Short term program students will need to turn the hardware back in.
Students in Two-year programs will keep the laptop upon graduation after participating for at least four semesters in Charger Tech 360.
Students in short term programs (less than two years) will turn the laptop back into ITS upon graduation.
See the Charger Tech 360 FAQ page for answers to questions, including eligibility, about Charger Tech 360.
Getting Started With Charger Tech 360
Register on the Charger Tech 360 Portal
Your Charger Tech 360 account should be activated by 8am the next business day.
Log into the Charger Tech 360 Portal
If prompted, enter your Southwest Tech credentials (student username and password)
- Eligible students should follow the instructions to receive your laptop by mail.