Use of District Facilities
Thank you for considering Southwest Tech for your next meeting or event. The facilities at Southwest Tech are primarily used for the benefit of our student population and campus community. However, when space is available, we are pleased to support the needs of business, industry, and non-profit organizations. Outstanding facilities are available at competitive rates, providing the user with convenience, comfort, security, and up-to-date equipment!
The College has a variety of rental venues ideal for meetings, workshops, retreats, conferences, and special events available to the community during its normal hours of operation.
Normal Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 12:00 midnight
- Saturday, 8am - 5pm (per request)
Normal hours of operation are established at the sole discretion of the District and may be changed without prior notice. Hours extended beyond the above schedule are subject to additional charges.
- Rental Agreement Conditions
Rental Agreement Conditions are as follows:
- The time and use of the facility or property must not interfere with previously scheduled college business.
- Proposed use of the facility or property must be consistent, at the discretion of the College President, with the mission and purpose of the District.
- The organization renting the facility or property does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, handicap, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
- Community members, organizations, companies and outside agencies will be subject to a facility use fee.
- Facility Use Fees
Facility use fees will be charged to all private, non-profit, military, and out-of-district public organizations:
- Regular Hours: $30.00 per hour
- Saturday / Sunday: $50.00 per hour
- Outside regular hours: $50.00 per hour
Sponsored organizations will not be charged for facility usage. Sponsored organizations are invited by Southwest Tech faculty or staff to use campus facilities for activities related to the mission of Southwest Tech; they provide significant programming/benefit to College staff and/or students. Questions about whether or not a particular organization will be considered a sponsored organization will be decided by the College President or his designee.
- Computer Lab: $.50 per hour, per computer
- Lab/Technical Assistant: $21.00 per hour
- Choosing Your Room
When making a room reservation, room availability is determined by various factors, one being how tables and chairs will be arranged. The seating numbers below are ranges based on various configurations, and are subject to change. A configuration of chairs alone, or straight rows of tables and chairs, seats the highest number of individuals. Table groups and square/rectangle/U-shape configurations reduce numbers accordingly.
- Lenz Center: 40 to 400 (combination of Rooms 365, 366, 367)
- Room 365: up to 76
- Room 366: up to 40
- Room 367: up to 40
- Room 490: 16 to 24
- Room 492: up to 24
- Room 493: up to 40
Charley's available for rent!
Celebrating a special event? Have your party in Charley's! For availability and pricing, contact Robin Hamel.