Southwest Tech’s mission, vision, purposes, and values are expressed in and supported by its stated policies. College policies protect the integrity of the college’s mission, reputation and operations, and support the management of major institutional risks. They inform our community and third parties about the major risks the college seeks to address and communicate risk tolerance in key areas. They also promote compliance with laws and regulations.
If you don't currently have the ability to view documents in PDF format , click for a free download of the appropriate Adobe software.
Policies related to teaching and outreach.
Ethics, Legal & Compliance
Policies concerning appropriate conduct and/or compliance with the law.
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Constitution Day
- Criminal Background Check
- Free Speech and Public Assembly
- Non-Discrimination & Grievance Procedures
- Products and Services Provided by the College
- Gender Discrimination & Sexual Misconduct (Title IX)
Facilities, Equipment & Property
Policies concerning use and care of college property.
- Facility Usage
- Naming of College Facilities & Property
- Tobacco Electronic Cigarette and Cigar
- Use of Surveillance Cameras
Policies related to accounting, budgeting, procurement, travel, and other financial functions.
Policies that provide the framework for administration to implement and comply with the intent of the Board of Trustees.
Policies that cover systems, access, data, and related issues.
Policies of a general administrative or operational nature.
Public Safety and Environmental Health & Safety
Policies concerning security and safety of faculty, staff, students, and the public.
Policies applicable to students.
- Academic Excellence
- Academic Probation
- Admissions Preference
- Assistance Animals in REF-Owned Student Housing
- Credit for Prior Learning
- Guaranteed Retraining
- Midwest Student Exchange Program
- Service Animals on Campus
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Financial Aid and Lender Relations
Policies promoting development and growth without significant deterioration of the environment and depletion of natural resources.