Want to earn a little extra income to help you with college essentials?
We have the answer for you.
Southwest Tech offers employment opportunities for students to earn an income plus gain valuable work experience while in school!
Benefits of Being a Student Employee:
- Flexible work scheduled
- Gain “real-world” work experience
- Great Resume Builder
- Offset some of your college expenses
Southwest Tech’s Student Employment Opportunities
Federal Work Study
Find work that complements your study! Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a need-based program that is awarded to eligible students based on the filing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Work-study funds are limited, and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. The FWS program provides jobs to students with financial need, allowing you to earn money to help pay for educational expenses.
For students who are not eligible for Federal Work Study, there are still employment opportunities on campus.
On-Campus Student Jobs
The following is a list of on-campus student jobs.
- Alternative Learning Assistant$10.00
- ATL Assistant $10.50
- Budget & Finance Student Worker $11.00
- Career Connections $10.00
- Financial Aid Student Assistant $11.00
- Foundation - Data Entry $10.00
- Health & Service Administrative Assistant $11.00
- Human Resources Assistant$11.00
- Public Safety Office Support $11.00
- Research/Special Projects $10.00
- Student Services Receptionist $10.50
- Bookstore Clerk $10.50
- Childcare Assistant $9.00
- Golf Course Management Student Worker $9.00
- Graphic & Web Lab Assistant $11.00
- Midwife Classroom Assistant $9.00
- Public Safety Equipment Technician $11.00
- Kitchen Staff
- Dining Services Student Lead
- IT - Lab Assistant
- IT - Network Commumications Intern $12.00
Knox Learning Center
- Peer Tutoring Varies
- Learning Services Student Worker $10.50
- Library Student Worker
- Housing - Maintenance $9.50
- Day Maintenance Staff$9.50
- Night Maintenance Staff$9.50
- Marketing - Graphic Design Assistant $10.00
- Marketing - Web Developer Assistant $12.00
- Charlie's Attendant $9.00
- Fitness Center Attendant $9.00
- Intramurals Attendant$9.00
- Student Activities Programmer $11.00
- Student Ambassador $15.50