Beginning Farm Management
DO YOU WANT TO...
...Earn college credit in high school?
...Own or manage a farm?
...Join a farming operation
...Start an agribusiness of your own?
Southwest Tech and CESA #3 are partnering with your high school to provide this evening class to accommodate your schedule. Contact your guidance counselor for the Youth Apprenticeship billing code.
This course includes
- basic business planning
- risk management
- recordkeeping systems
- financial statements
- lending opportunities
- crop and livestock production systems
- technology in agriculture
- networking with other producers
- a field trip.
The Wisconsin Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (AFNR) Youth Apprenticeship (YA) Program is designed to provide you with a working understanding of occupational and technical skills. This program provides the framework for educators and industry to work together to produce career ready, entry-level employees that will compete favorably in a global market.
Beginning Farm Management meets once a month in the evening from September through June.
Includes eight hours of individual on-farm time and one extended field trip to industry/farm operations
Site locations will be determined based on registrations.
- Contact Your Guidance Counselor who will provide you with the Youth Apprenticeship billing code used to pay for the course
- Go to the Registration Page and choose a course section that's right for you.
- Log in and pay using the Youth Apprenticeship billing code provided by your guidance counselor