You will need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling and the Master Promissory Note.
What do you need to get started:
- Driver’s License
- Your FSA ID and Password
- Two personal references (complete addresses and phone numbers)
Go To https://studentaid.gov/
- Click on Log In (right side of the screen) & Sign In Using Your FSA ID and Password – Click "Accept"
- Update/Verify Personal Information, Contact Information, and Communication Preferences
- After closing the Thank Screen, go to "Complete Aid Process" and click the drop down arrow
- Click on "Complete Counseling" then Click "Start" under the "Complete Entrance Counseling" box
- Add "Southwest Tech" in the blue School Notification box and choose ‘Notify this School’
- Under "Select Student Type", select "I am completing entrance counseling to receive Direct Loans as an UNDERGRADUATE student". – Click "Continue"
- Answer the questions in the Entrance Loan Counseling, once done click "Submit Counseling".
- The Entrance Loan Counseling is complete when the last page states “You have successfully completed the Entrance Loan Counseling.”
Once you have completed the Entrance Loan Counseling you will need to complete the Master Promissory Note.
- Go to "Complete Aid Process" and click the drop down arrow
- Complete Master Promissory Note
- Click "Start" under MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans
- Enter all requested information and complete by entering your name and clicking "Sign & Submit"
- Your Master Promissory Note is complete when the last page says. “You have successfully submitted your MPN”