The Accuplacer test is required for the Plumbing and Construction Electrician Apprenticeships at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College. There are two part to the test, Reading and Arithmatic.
Scheduling an Appointment
Please contact Southwest Tech at 608.822.2313 to schedule an appointment.
- A valid photo I.D. is required for testing.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the testing center.
- Personal belongings are not allowed in testing rooms, locked bags are available.
TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) Survey Testing Facts
- Is an appointment necessary for testing?
- Yes, to schedule an appointment, call (608) 822-2313 to schedule your test. Appointments are scheduled on Mondays at 9:00 and 1:00 or on Wednesdays at 9:00.
- Do I need to bring anything for testing?
- No Pencils, scratch paper, and calculators are furnished for testing.
- When will I find out what my test scores are and what scores do I need to receive?
- Tests are scored immediately upon completion. Scores for Plumbing are Math 237 and Reading 239. Construction Electrical has no minimum scores.
- What if I need accommodations for testing?
- Students with disabilities, who need accommodations, should contact the office of the Disability Services Specialist, Building 300, Room 314, 608.822.2631, TTY/TDD 608.822.2072, or email email@example.com.
- Can I prepare for the test?
- The test will cover the following areas: Applied Math, Math Computation, and Reading. Following are links with sample questions and information to utilize to prepare for the test.
Additional assistance with reviewing specific areas of study for the TABE can be found on the TABE Prep Review website.