Accuplacer is the placement test used for Southwest Tech’s Apprenticeship students and Lakeshore Technical College’s Pharmacy Technician students.
Scheduling an Appointment
Placement tests are generally given Monday & Wednesday at 9:00am and 1:00pm. Scheduling a test can be done by either calling the Testing Center at 608.822.2313 or registering online. Payment is required when scheduling an appointment.
Payments for placement tests are due when the appointment is made. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please call the testing center as soon as possible. If students do not notify the testing center at least 30 minutes before their appointment, they will forfeit their testing fee. Payments can be made over the phone using a credit or debit card; online registration payments can be made with a credit or debit card.
- A valid photo I.D. is required for testing.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the testing center.
- Personal belongings are not allowed in testing rooms, lockers are available.
Accuplacer - Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of test is it?
- Accuplacer is a computerized test consisting of sentence skill, reading, and arithmetic.
- How long does the testing take?
- The test will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
- Is there a charge for testing?
- The cost of the test is $15.
- Do I need to bring anything for testing?
- A valid photo I.D. is required for testing. Pencils, scratch paper, and calculators are furnished for testing.
- When will I find out what my test scores are?
- Students will have results immediately after testing, but will need to work with their Advisor at Lakeshore Technical College to review them.
- What if I need accommodations for testing?
- Students with disabilities, who need accommodations, should contact the office of the Support Services Specialist, Building 100, Room 108, 608.822.2631, TTY/TDD 608.822.2072, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I prepare for the test?
- Please go to accuplacer to view sample questions.
- What are the required scores on Accuplacer?
- Pharmacy Tech students will want to contact Lakeshore Technical College to find out more about score requirements
- Reading = raw score 66
- Arithmetic = raw score 66
- Algebra = raw score 33