97% of graduates are satisfied/very satisfied with their training.
65% of Southwest Tech graduates report the main reason for attending Southwest Tech is directly tied to employability.
97% were employed within their first year of graduation.
85% of graduates are employed in Wisconsin.
- 55% are within the 5-county district
- 30% are within Wisconsin, but outside the district
- 15% are employed outside of the state
100% of employers are satisfied/very satisfied with job skills.
Top 10 Programs of 2017
|Program||Median Hourly Wage|
|Physical Therapist Assistant||$25.50|
|Electrical Power Distribution||$24.64|
|IT- Network Communication Specialist||$20.20|
|Criminal Justice- Law Enforcement||$19.78|
|Medical Laboratory Technician||$18.45|
|Ag Power & Equipment Technician||$15.75|
|Medical Coding Specialist||$15.67|
- Get help finding a local, regional, or national job
- Resume writing and review
- Mock interviews
- Networking events
- Job Fair with over 150 employers held each spring and fall
- Career Clothes and Scrubs Closet: Free professional wardrobe open to all students!
Hired Before Graduation – Stephanie Muench
"I feel like they (Southwest Tech) gave me a lot of hands-on information that really helped me. I am working there now, so I can put a lot of what I learned toward that now. A lot of the hands-on stuff helped."