Students can take as little as one year to complete this online Supply Chain Assistant Technical Diploma, which provides concentrated learning by focusing on occupational areas. Students learn about supply chain management and how it relates to purchasing, inventory management, logistics, negotiations, global supply chain management, enterprise resource planning, lean, and service operations.
Graduates in this fast-paced, growing field can make a positive impact on an organization by increasing profitability and efficiency through skills developed in this program. Many careers and job titles exist in supply chain management such as purchasing associate, material coordinator, production assistant, receiving lead, recycling specialist, cargo agent, and freight broker, among others.
Fully Online Program!
Why Choose Supply Chain Assistant?
- Flexibility - online delivery is available to work with your schedule
- Timing - start in January or August according to your preference
- Concentrated learning - focus on occupational areas to expand your skills in a short amount of time
- Credit for prior learning - let your work, learning, or life experience earn you credit
- Pathways - gain skills now with a technical diploma and then apply those credits toward your associate degree
Is This Program for You?
Are you interested in business and how different areas work together to provide a great product or service for their customer? Are you good at coming up with new ideas or better ways of doing things? Do you like to solve problems and make decisions? Do you get bored easily and like variety? A career in supply chain management may be a good choice for you.
Students entering the Supply Chain Assistant program should:
- Enjoy working with people as well as numbers.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Like planning, prioritizing, and setting goals.
- Enjoy working with technology.
- Technical diploma requiring a minimum of one year to complete.
- All courses offered online.
- Classes start in August and January.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- High school advanced standing, transcripted, and youth options credits accepted.
- Credit for prior learning available.
- Credits earned in Materials Management Pathway Certificate and Logistics Pathway Certificate may be applied toward one-year Supply Chain Assistant Technical Diploma.
- Credits earned in one-year Supply Chain Assistant Technical Diploma may be applied to two-year Supply Chain Management Associate Degree.
Related Degrees & Certificates
- Curriculum & Costs
Admission and Program Requirements
- Submit Application and $30 Application Fee
- To make sure your classes are the right fit, we consider any previous college credit you've earned, Accuplacer or ACT scores, high school GPA, or an assessment at your registration session. Submit High School Transcripts, College Transcripts, and Test Scores to: Southwest Tech, Attn: Admissions, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809
Requirements for Online Students
Chromebooks are not compatible with some testing features within Schoology (our Learning Management System). Southwest Tech recommends not to use Chromebooks for classes.
Cable/broadband/DSL internet with a minimum speed of 1.5Mbps. You can test your local internet speed at www.speedtest.net. Run this test from the location you will be working from.
Higher bandwidth and speed will greatly assist you in your online learning environment, so where possible, a faster internet speed is recommended. Cable internet tend to be faster than DSL or 4G wireless, although DSL or 4G wireless may also work depending on other factors. Your computer, other software (such as anti spyware), other users on the system, and system configurations can all influence your ultimate line speed. Many instructors use videos as a part of their instruction, as well as synchronous meeting times (Skype, Adobe Connect, etc). Having an acceptable internet connection speed will be important to your success.
Convenient access to a computer that has one of the following current versions of Internet Browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- An active e-mail account (all Southwest Tech students are issued a free email account)
- Word processing software (Microsoft Word is the recommended word processing software at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College). Free Microsoft Office software is available to all Southwest Tech students at http://products.office.com/en-us/student
- Availability of 10-15 hours per week for each 3-credit course
- Self-motivation and self-discipline
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Estimated cost for each semester can be found under the Curriculum tab. Please note that costs are approximate and are based on the current academic year.
- Please discuss additional fee questions with the program advisor or instructor.
At the completion of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- Define (plan) operations, transportation, procurement and distribution
- Measure operations, transportation, procurement and distribution
- Analyze operations, transportation, procurement and distribution
- Improve operations, transportation, procurement and distribution
- Control operations, transportation, procurement and distribution
- Career Pathways
Career Pathways offer new ways to achieve your education goals. Instead of studying just one program, the Career Pathways model links related academic programs in a sequence. Each program offers direct job preparation AND a path to the next higher academic program.
- Career Opportunities
Supply chain management includes a broad range of occupational titles. Those listed below are commonly found in industry, but specific titles will vary according to each individual employer.
With additional education and/or work experience, Supply Chain Assistant program graduates may have additional opportunities in roles such as shipping supervisor, buyer, materials planner, production scheduler, manufacturing supervisor, team leader, and transportation dispatcher, among others.
Southwest Tech's Career Connections Center offers Services to assist students looking for job placement.
- Prior Learning
Credit for Prior Learning
Experience Pays! You've Been There... You've Done That... Let's See If You Can Get Credit For It!
Credit for prior learning gives you opportunities to earn credit for college-level knowledge that you have already acquired. This may be the result of work or volunteer experiences, certifications, apprenticeships, military training, extensive self-instruction, or professional development. Credit for Prior Learning affords you the opportunity to accelerate the completion of your educational goals.
For more information or to request Credit for Prior Learning see our Credit for Prior Learning page.
Supply Chain Assistant Courses that may have Credit for Prior Learning options:
Course # Course Title Challenge Exam
CLEP Credential Portfolio 10-103-106 Beginning Microsoft Excel Any Microsoft MOUS certification (even an old certification) will also be considered for CPL 10-103-118 Intermediate Microsoft Excel Any Microsoft MOUS certification (even an old certification) will also be considered for CPL 10-182-111 Foundations of Inventory CPIM, CSPC certification from APICS 10-182-112 Forecasting and Scheduling CPIM, CSPC Certification from APICS 10-182-113 Shop Floor Control CPIM, CSPC Certification from APICS 10-182-114 Managing Inventory Levels Lean Belt with Verification 10-182-115 Lean Principles Lean Belt with Verification 10-182-116 5S and TPM Lean Belt with Verification 10-182-117 Standard Work and Mistake Proofing Lean Belt with Verification 10-182-118 Process Mapping Lean Belt with Verification 10-182-119 Problem Solving Using A-3 Format Lean Belt with Verification 10-182-120 Purchasing Process Purchasing Process Certificate from APICS 10-182-126 Supply Chain Process Modeling CSCP Certification from APICS 10-182-127 Technology in the Supply Chain CSCP Certification from APICS 10-182-130 Global Logistics CLTD or CSCP Certificate from APICS 10-182-134 The Role of Logistics CLTD or CSCP Certification from APICS 10-182-135 Transportation Management CLTD or CSCP Certification from APICS 10-182-136 Warehousing CLTD or CSCP Certification from APICS 10-196-175 Ethics 10-801-195 Written Communication College Composition CLEP test would also be accepted for credit. However, the challenge exam is the preferred method. 10-804-123 Math with Business Applications