This educational partnership between CESA 3 and Southwest Wisconsin Technical College allows students to earn high school and college credits at a cost as low as $142/credit per student for general education courses.* Southwest Tech’s tuition is about 45% less per year than in-state tuition at a university!
Fall Semester Gear Up, 11-12-14 Nursing, EMT/Firefighter, Healthcare Careers, and One and Done Lab Science Technician: Apply by March 1
Spring Semester Gear Up, Healthcare Careers: Apply by October 1
Tuition as low as $142 per credit** for general education courses.
One & Done Laboratory Science Technician
Senior Year: Complete 16 Credits
Students will complete the 16-credit laboratory science program and earn a college technical diploma. Program is offered at Platteville and Richland Center High Schools but is available to any interested high school senior.
- Fall: 8 credits of lab science coursework
- Spring: 6 credits of lab science coursework
- Summer: 2 credits of lab science practicum
CNC Machine Operator/Programmer
Enrolling in the Southwest Tech CollEDGE Up CNC Machine Operator/Programmer program offers benefits that give you a head start to your future.
- Convenient: Classes held at Platteville High School
- No Cost to You: Start your career tuition-debt free!
- Real-world Training: Train with an expert instructor on state-of-the-industry machining equipment so that you are ready to hit the ground running at your first job.
More information coming soon!
Junior to Senior Year:
Students can earn up to 21 transferable college credits while enrolled in high school. The transferability of the course is ultimately up to the receiving institution.
- Introduction to Psychology
- Written Communication
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Diversity
- Introductory Statistics
Students will complete foundation courses.
11 – Junior Year:
Students will complete semester 1 of SWTC’s Nursing-Associate degree classes.
12 – Senior Year:
Students will complete semester 2 of SWTC’s Nursing-Associate degree classes.
14 – Students will complete the second year of SWTC’s Nursing-Associate degree program on campus.
Junior or Senior Year:
Students can get a head start on their career plans by taking 14 credits of foundational courses that are beneficial for any healthcare career.
- Medical Terminology
- Fundamentals of Chemistry
- Nursing Assistant#
- Introductory Statistics
- General Anatomy & Physiology
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)/Firefighter
Students can take courses to allow them to become certified as an EMT and/or firefighter. Students can also start their career pathway by earning 14 credits towards Southwest Tech’s Criminal Justice Studies program.
- EMT 1
- EMT 1
- Emergency Telecommunicator
- Firefighting Principles
- Hazmat Awareness & Ops
- Offered to all CESA 3 school districts in an academy/cohort format.
- Classes are held at high schools using the following delivery methods, which vary depending on program area:
- Online (Schoology) with added resource of recorded video lectures
- SRTNC (Zoom) synchronous video lecture
- Face-to-face on SWTC’s campus
- Participating high schools will provide a room and room facilitator (synchronous video lectures only)
* Credit cost does not include textbooks associated with classes. CNA cost will be at regular tuition/fees.
** Cost is to subject to state-approved tuition prices.
# CNA cost will be at regular tuition/fees and student will enroll in course section that best fits his/her schedule.