The 2021-2022 Scholarship Application is Closed.
Apply for Additional Scholarships
Students have many opportunities to gain money to pay for schooling! External scholarships are additional scholarships you can use at Southwest Tech that are not funded by Southwest Tech. Learn More
Welcome to Southwest Tech Foundation's online Scholarship Application!
The 2021-22 scholarship application is currently closed.
The Southwest Tech Foundation is proud to offer scholarship opportunities to all current and incoming students in good academic standing that are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits per semester.
Students with a documentable disability who are enrolled in less than 6 credits must have a plan on file with Disability Services.
Completed applications will consist of the following items:
- A completed online Scholarship Application.
- Two completed online recommendation forms from a reference not related to the applicant. Example of a reference - past teacher, current instructor, or employer. Applicants are required to enter email addresses of two references so the recommendation form is sent automatically after you submit your scholarship application.
- Students applying for the Child Care Scholarship must complete the Child Care Certification Form .
PLEASE NOTE: Section three of the application requires you to answer three short answer questions. It is highly recommended that you prepare these answers prior to starting the application. Grammar, punctuation, and complete sentences will be graded!
Those questions are as follows:
- Leadership Activities: What school, professional, and/or civic activities are you currently involved in or have been involved with recently?
- Career Objectives: What are your career goals and how does attending Southwest Tech help further your goals?
- Financial Need: Please explain your financial need. Include employment situation and any special circumstances.
In 2019-2020 the Southwest Tech Foundation proudly awarded over 500 scholarships valuing over $325,000.
Click on External Scholarships to see scholarships offered from external sources available to Southwest Tech students.
Earn Extra Money and Help Southwest Tech
Join the Southwest Tech Foundation Call Center Team. We are looking for friendly, professional students to call alumni and friends to raise funds for scholarships and student programs.
- Develop professional skills
- Great resume builder
- Earn $10.50/hour! AND Nightly Cash Bonuses!!!
Complete the online application and check "Foundation Phone-a-thon" under Employment Information for the type of work.
* Denotes required fields.
The following questions allow Scholarship Selection Committee to match applicants with scholarships with specific criteria. Please answer to the best of your ability.
Following is a list of items related to the criteria of some scholarships. Please check and fill in all that apply.
To qualify for a $1,000 scholarship fill out the following:
The following questions are criteria for specific scholarships and are optional. Please know that it is against the law for Southwest Tech to report a student or family’s immigration status and your status will not be shared with anyone outside of the scholarship selection committee.
Please answer the following narrative questions. These questions account for 50% of the overall application score.
* I give my permission to the Southwest Tech Foundation to release the scholarship information, general information from above, and my photograph to scholarship donors and for usage in other promotional purpose.
Please review the information you entered and make any changes needed by clicking the Previous button.
Personal & Program Information
By clicking the "Sign and Submit" button below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. Further, I authorize Southwest Tech to release any pertinent information to the Southwest Tech Foundation. This application and supporting documents become the property of Southwest Tech Foundation. I also give permission to the Foundation office to collect necessary FAFSA information from the Southwest Tech Financial Aid office.
By signing below I authorize my selected references to furnish the Foundation with any and all information in connection with my scholarship application.
You need to electronically "sign" the application.
First, we need your name. Next we need your birthdate.