Transcripted credit provides high school students the opportunity to earn both high school and college credit by taking an approved college-level course taught by a high school instructor at the high school during the traditional school day. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College (Southwest Tech) and district high schools partner to offer these courses to high school students through a written articulation agreement.
Also referred to as "Dual Credit", the following are features of Transcripted Credit courses:
- Are technical college courses taught at the high school using technical college books and materials.
- Are taught by your high school instructor who is also certified as a Wisconsin Technical College System instructor.
- Are provided at no cost to you.
- Are documented through an official college transcript awarded to you after completion of the course.
- Are transferable to all schools within the technical college system and may be transferable to four-year colleges.
High School Offerings Of Transcripted Credit
Southwest Tech has agreements with many high schools in our district that courses students take in high school may count towards your degree at Southwest Tech. Ask your school guidance counselor about Transcripted Credit opportunities and see the list of Southwest Tech transcripted credit agreements with high schools.