Open House Schedule & Sessions
Schedule of Sessions
Sessions are 20 minutes long and start every half hour from 3 PM to 6:30 PM.
|Session / Time||Sessions Running|
|All Programs / Services Sessions / Welcome to Open House|
|All Programs / Services Sessions / Ask A Charger / Diversity and Inclusion / Professional Development Training / Experience Counts!|
|All Programs / Services Sessions / Welcome to Open House / Scholarships / Student Success & Online Learning|
|All Programs / Services Sessions / Ask A Charger / Professional Development Training / Experience Counts!|
|All Programs / Services Sessions / Welcome to Open House|
|All Programs / Services Sessions / Ask A Charger / STEP Scholarship / Professional Development Training / Experience Counts!|
|All Programs / Services Sessions / Welcome to Open House / Diversity and Inclusion / Student Success & Online Learning|
|All Programs / Services Sessions / Ask A Charger / Scholarships|
Each of these sessions is available at select times during the night indicated after the title. See the schedule for more information.
- Welcome to Open House | Available: Sessions 1, 3, 5, and 7 - Not sure where to start? Start here! In this session you will learn more about Open House as well get a general overview of Southwest Tech.
- Ask A Charger | Available: Session 2, 4, 6, and 8 - Meet current Southwest Tech students to hear about their experience. Ask questions about what life is like as a college student.
- Diversity and Inclusion at Southwest Tech | Available: Session 2 and 7 - Learn about the ways that Southwest Tech is inclusive of ALL students. Discuss the Charger Respect Pledge, talk about the start of our LGBTQ+ group, and hear more about speakers and exhibits.
- Experience Counts! | Available: Session 2, 4, and 6 Learn more about how college credits transfer in, how your work experience can earn you credits in our one-year and two-year programs, and about our Career Pathway programs and how they build on each other to help you reach your career goals one step at a time.
- Professional Development Training | Available: Sessions 2, 4, and 6 - Learn about our current open enrollment training opportunities in professional development.
- Scholarships | Available: Session 3 and 8 - Learn how the Southwest Tech Foundation can help you fund your education through scholarship and other opportunities.
- STEP Scholarship – Boscobel and Wauzeka-Steuben High School Current Students and Graduates ONLY | Available: Session 6 - Are you or will you be a graduate of Boscobel or Wauzeka-Steuben High School? Learn more about this exciting scholarship opportunity available just for you thanks to the generosity of Pat Thiele in memory of his parents, James and Grace Thiele.
- Student Success & Online Learning | Available: Session 3 and 7 - Hear from current Southwest Tech General Education Instructors and learn about how to be successful as a college student including learning in remote/online courses.
Learn more about the services we offer to our students, and how you can get help from them before becoming a student. Not seeing a service listed below? Check out our Highlight Sessions being offered during Open House as some of them are offered during select times.
- Academic and Support Services - Learn more about our Knox Learning Center and how they provide resources as well as academic, library, and disability services to help you succeed. Also included in this session are members of our IT staff and Holly Knapp, Mental Health Counselor.
- Dual Credit Opportunities - Learn more about earning credit in high school that transfers directly to Southwest Tech
- Financial Aid/Business Office - Learn more about the FAFSA, Billing, Student Jobs, Veteran Services and more.
- Student Life and Student Housing - Learn more about our clubs, organizations, and student activites as well as what it is like to live on campus
Degree Programs Sessions Start every half hour
While attending these sessions you will be able to receive information, meet instructors, and ask questions about any of the programs you choose. With over 60 programs, there is something for everyone’s interests and career goals. For more detailed information on each of our programs, head to our programs page.
- Accounting - Learn more about our Accounting, Accounting Assistant, Payroll Assistant, and Tax Preparer programs/certificates.
- Agriculture Programs - Learn more about our Agribusiness Science & Technology, Farm Operations & Management, and Ag Power & Equipment Technician programs.
- Auto Collision Repair & Refinish Technician - Learn more about our Auto Collision Repair & Refinish Technician program.
- Automotive Technician - Learn more about our Automotive Technician program.
- Building Trades - Learn more about our Building Trades program.
- Business Management - Learn more about our Business Management program.
- CNC Machine Operator/Programmer - Learn more about our CNC program.
- Cosmetology - Learn more about our Cosmetology program.
- Criminal Justice - Learn more about our Criminal Justice programs.
- Dental Assistant- Learn more about our Dental Assistant program.
- Driver Safety Education - Driver Education - Learn more about Driver’s Education
- Early Childhood Education and Child Services - Learn more about our Early Childhood and Child Care programs.
- Electrical Power Distribution - Learn more about our Electrical Power Distribution (EPD) program.
- EMS - Learn more about our Emergency Medical Technician program.
- Golf Course Management - Learn more about our Golf Course Management program.
- Graphic & Web Design - Learn more about our Graphic and Web Design program.
- HIT/CIM/Coding - Learn more about our Health Information Technology (HIT), Cancer Information Management (CIM), and Medical Coding Specialist online programs.
- Human Services Associate - Learn more about our Human Services program.
- IT-Computer Support Technician - Learn more about our IT-Computer Support Technician program.
- IT-Network Specialist - Learn more about our IT-Network Specialist program.
- Leadership - Learn more about our Leadership Development and Nonprofit Leadership programs.
- Manufacturing - Learn more about our Electro-Mechanical Technology, Instrumentation and Controls Technology, and Industrial Mechanic programs.
- Medical Assistant - Learn more about our Medical Assistant program.
- Medical Laboratory Technician - Learn more about our Medical Lab Tech program
- Midwife (Direct Entry)- Learn more about our Midwifery program
- Nursing (Associate Degree) - Learn more about our Nursing program.
- Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Learn more about our C.N.A. program
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Learn more about our Physical Therapist program.
- Supply Chain - Learn more about our Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain Assistant, Logistics, Production Planner, and Purchasing Agent/Buyer programs and certificates.
- University Transfer Liberal Arts - Learn more about our University Transfer Liberal Arts program.
- Welding - Learn more about our Welding program
Staff is available by phone (608.822.2634) to assist you with getting into the sessions or applying.
You can also contact Kaye, the Open House Coordinator by our email form.
- Virtual Front Desk | Available: any time during Open House - Not sure where to go? Have a question, but don’t know who could answer it? Want to sign up for more sessions? Go to our virtual “Front Desk” and ask for help!
- Application Station | Available: any time during Open House - Ready to apply? Want someone to go through the application with you? No problem! We have helpful Southwest Tech staff available all night to walk you through the application process and answer any questions you might have.