The Respiratory Home Care Basics will educate students on how to confidently care for loved ones and friends who are ill or recovering from a new or long term respiratory illness in the comfort of their homes. The course instructor has years of experience in-home care, is a registered nurse, and has years of online instruction experience.
This 100% online course will begin on June 1, 2020, and has a flexible learning model. Participants will need to complete 16 hours of education before July 1, 2020, but can do so at their own pace.
The concepts you can expect to learn are the following.
- Normal respiratory function
- Abnormal respiratory function and risk factors
- Signs and symptoms of respiratory illness
- How to provide essential assistance
- Basic respiratory equipment commonly used
- Actions to promote health and safety
- Actions to promote nutrition and activity
- Commonly prescribed and OTC medications
No previous education is needed to complete this course. This course is for anyone interested in learning more about taking care of their loved ones.
The cost of taking this course is $70.00. The course counts as one-fourth of a credit.