The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) helps students receive college credit for what they already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. Find out which CLEP Exams are accepted at Southwest Tech .
CLEP Exams are generally given on Wednesdays and Thursadays at 9:30am.
Students wanting to take a CLEP Exam will need to first register with CLEP, and then book their appointment with Southwest Tech. Appointments can be made either by calling Southwest Tech's Testing Center at 608.822.2313 or online. A $20 administration fee will be charged, and is due at the time the appointment is made. The fee may be paid by using a debit or credit card.
- Register with CLEP - During the registration process, be sure to add a college code to have a free transcript sent to the school you plan to attend. The college code for Southwest Tech is 5263.
- Book appointment with Southwest Tech
Payments can be made over the phone using a credit or debit card; online registration payments can be made with a credit or debit card.
- Each CLEP Exam will cost a total of $100.
- Individual exams cost $80 and $20 for exam administration.
- The two separate payments for CLEP Exams are due at the time students are registering, and then when scheduling to take the exam.
If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please call Southwest Tech's Testing Center as soon as possible at 608.822.2313. If students do not notify the testing center at least 30 minutes before their appointment, they will forfeit their testing fee.
- Two forms of I.D. are required for CLEP testing. Please check the CLEP website for acceptable forms of primary and secondary identification.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the testing center.
- Personal belongings are not allowed in testing rooms (lockers are available).
For more information about CLEP, please visit their website: https://clep.collegeboard.org/