The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) helps students receive college credit for what they already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. Find out which CLEP Exams are accepted at Southwest Tech .
CLEP Exams are generally given Wednesday at 9:00am or 1:00pm.
Students wanting to take a CLEP Exam will need to first register with CLEP, and then book their appointment with Southwest Tech. During the CLEP registration process an $80 fee will be directly paid to CLEP, and a $20 administration fee will be paid directly to Southwest Tech when the appointment is made.
- Register with CLEP - During the registration process, be sure to add a college code to have a free transcript sent to the school you plan to attend. The college code for Southwest Tech is 5263.
- Book appointment with Southwest Tech - Appointments can be made by calling Southwest Tech's Testing Center at 608.822.2313, or by scheduling online.
- Valid I.D. is required for CLEP testing. Please check the CLEP website for acceptable forms of primary and secondary identification.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the testing center.
- Personal belongings are not allowed in testing rooms (lockers are available).
- If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please call Southwest Tech's Testing Center as soon as possible at 608.822.2313. If students do not notify the testing center at least 30 minutes before their appointment, they will forfeit their testing fee.
For more information about CLEP, please visit their website: https://clep.collegeboard.org/