Charger Tech 360 at Southwest Tech was started to support our students so they don't have to worry so much about the technical side of things as it relates to college. That said, there are some questions that arise from the program. The following are the most frequently asked questions asked about the Charger Tech 360 Program.
- Why did Southwest Tech decide to offer Charger Tech 360?
Southwest Tech is very excited to continue offering the use of personal laptops, necessary software, and services to eligible program students. The academic team led the project in close collaboration with Information Technology Services. The College received support from the Student Senate and hosted a special meeting to discuss the project and listen to students' opinions. At the end of the meeting, the Student Senate approved moving forward with the project.
Also, the academic team believes that Charger Tech 360 will provide Southwest Tech students opportunities to succeed in achieving their academic goals. By giving you access to the technology you need, you will have a standard set of tools to complete your program and afford portability and technology required and used in business and industry. Progressive thinking and academic excellence made Southwest Tech a leader in technical education and continued academic excellence.
- Who is automatically enrolled in Charger Tech 360?
- Enrolled or accepted to the waitlist of a Financial Aid eligible program *
- Students enrolled in six or more credits
Students enrolled in less than 6 credits per semester can opt in
- Liberal Arts students can opt in regardless of enrolled credits
- Programs not eligible include:
- CNC Machine Operator/Programmer
- Laboratory Science Technician
- 720-Hour Law Enforcement Academy and 200-Hour Jail Academy
* Finacial Aid Eligible Programs
- Accounting Assistant
- Agribusiness Science & Technology - Agribusiness Management
- Agribusiness Science & Technology - Agronomy
- Agribusiness Science & Technology - Agronomy Technician
- Agribusiness Science & Technology - Animal Science
- Agricultural Power & Equipment Technician
- Auto Collision Repair & Refinish Technician
- Automotive Technician
- Building Trades—Carpentry
- Business Management
- Cancer Information Management
- Child Care Services
- Computer Support Technician
- Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement 2
- Criminal Justice Studies
- Culinary Arts
- Culinary Management
- Dental Assistant
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Power Distribution
- Electro-Mechanical Technology
- Farm Operations & Management - Ag Mechanics
- Farm Operations & Management - Dairy
- Farm Operations & Management - Dairy Technician
- Farm Operations & Management - Farm Ag Maintenance
- Farm Operations & Management - Livestock
- Farm Operations & Management - Livestock Tech
- Golf Course Management
- Graphic & Web Design
- Health Information Technology
- Human Services Associate
- Individualized Technical Studies
- Industrial Mechanic
- Instrumentation and Controls Technology
- Leadership Development
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Midwife (Direct Entry)
- Network Specialist
- Nonprofit Leadership
- Nursing (Associate Degree)
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Supply Chain Assistant
- Supply Chain Management
Please note that CNC, Lab Science, and the Academy are not eligible for the program.
- Do I need to apply to get a laptop?
All eligible students are automatically enrolled, but have to go through the Registration Process to be issued the technology of Charger Tech 360. Please see the requirements to determine if you're eligible automatically enrolled. All students will need to verify specific identity questions, including their mailing address and sign an agreement.
To Register for Charger Tech 360
- Register on the Charger Tech 360 Portal.
Your Charger Tech 360 account should be activated by 8am the next business day.
- Log into the Charger Tech 360 Portal.
If prompted, enter your Southwest Tech credentials (student username and password)
- Automatically enrolled students should follow the instructions to receive your laptop by mail.
- Register on the Charger Tech 360 Portal.
- How do I get my contents with Charger Tech 360? Do I pick it up, or is it delivered?
The College is planning to host an on campus opportunity for pick-up. Shipping laptops will also be available. You will receive your laptop before the first day of classes.
- What is the cost?
For the 2021-2022 academic year, automatically enrolled students will receive a $400 rebate each semester to off-set the $400 technology fee. In the 2022-2023 academic year, all eligible automatically enrolled students will be charged the technology fee of $400 each for the Fall & Spring terms. Summer terms will not receive the charge.
Southwest Tech Student Charger Tech 360 Published Fees
Physical Damage Incident Fee (per incident)
- Accidental drops, spills, or other unintentional damage
Charges for repairs not covered by the warranty
- Laptop Computer replacement for loss, theft, neglect, biological contamination, or intentional/willful acts of damage or abuse*
- Up to $1200
- Excessive Wear and Tear including stickers/defacing, discoloration, and severe scratches or marks on case or screen
- Power Adapter/Power Cord – HP computer
- Power Adapter/Power cord – Apple computer
- Administrative Fee
* The College cannot repair or redeploy systems that have been contaminated by urine/vomit/blood/feces or damaging/dangerous chemicals. Systems must be disposed of and replaced (human, animal or chemical).
- How do/What if I (need to) ship my laptop back to SWTC?
Any damages incurred during shipping are the responsibility of the sender. Southwest Tech requires that you insure the laptop for $1,000 when shipping it to Southwest Tech. Please include your name and student ID number in the shipping box when returning the laptop.
On Campus Return
To return your laptop, schedule an appointment with the Charger Technology Support Center.
- Log into the Charger Tech 360 Portal, and select 'Book Appointment'.
- On the Bookings page, select Return Laptop then select a date and time.
- On the day of your appointment, visit room 314A in the Knox Learning Center.
- Charger Technology Support Center staff will assist with the laptop return and inspect the hardware to be returned. Expect the process to take approximately 10 minutes.
- Charger Technology Support Center staff will provide a laptop return form to be signed by the student and the process will be complete.
Online Student Laptop Return
To return your laptop, ship the device and power adapter to the address below. Please note, it is recommended that you ship the device back using the original box and packaging material.
Place shipping insurance on the device for a value of at least $1,000.
Ship to:Charger Technology Support Center
1800 Bronson Blvd.
Fennimore, WI 53809
- Can I choose not to enroll in Charger Tech 360?
All eligible students are automatically enrolled in Charger Tech 360. At this time, there is not an option to choose to opt-out of the program.
- Do students get to keep the laptop at the end of the school year?
- Students participating in Charger 360 for four semesters will have the opportunity to retain the laptop upon graduation.
- All buyout laptops will have SWTC software removed
If you have feedback or questions not answered on this page, we encourage you to share them using the email form.