Charger Tech 360 at Southwest Tech was started to support our students so they don't have to worry so much about the technical side of things as it relates to college. That said, there are some questions that arise from the program. The following are the most frequently asked questions asked about the Charger Tech 360 Program.
- Did Southwest Tech develop Charger Tech 360 because the College plans to go online as a result of the pandemic?
Southwest Tech is a hands-on learning college. Our expert instructors have real-world experience and demonstrate those skills in the classroom every day. Occupational and skills-based training will be delivered in a face-to-face format. We demonstrated our ability to offer excellent education in a safe face-to-face format begining in spring of 2020. Every single student had the opportunity to complete the required face-to-face training they needed to complete courses.
PHASE 3 of the Returning to Campus Plan: All general education and theory based courses will be delivered in a remote format. More details about this delivery will be shared as they become available. For a full list of general education courses, please visit the All Courses page.
- Who is eligible for Charger Tech 360?
- Program that is eligible for Financial Aid
- Not on Academic Denial
- Good Financial Standing
Part-time students and students on wait lists are eligible.
Programs that are not eligible are the following:
- Drive Safety Education Certificates
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Laboratory Science Technician
- Nail Technician
- Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The College offers a variety of dual credit options for high schools in Southwest Tech's district. The Start College Now and CollEDGE Up students are not eligible for the program. All students enrolling in Pathway Certificates are also not eligible for Charger Tech 360.
- Do I need to apply to get a laptop?
All eligible students will automatically be issued a laptop. Please see the requirements to determine if you're eligible. All students will need to verify specific identity questions, including their mailing address and sign an agreement. New students and newly eligible students can start the process December 1, 2020.
- Register on the Charger Tech 360 Portal.
Your Charger Tech 360 account should be activated by 8am the next business day.
- Log into the Charger Tech 360 Portal.
If prompted, enter your Southwest Tech credentials (student username and password)
- Eligible students should follow the instructions to receive your laptop by mail.
- Register on the Charger Tech 360 Portal.
- How do I get my laptop? Do I pick it up, or is it delivered?
The College is shipping laptops to all eligible students. You will receive your laptop before the first day of classes.
- What is the cost for each student in Charger Tech 360?
For the 2020-2021 academic year, all students will receive a $400 rebate each semester for the technology fee. Next year, the 2021-2022 academic year, all eligible students will be charged a technology fee of $400 each for the Fall & Spring terms.
Southwest Tech Student Charger Tech 360 Published Fees
Physical Damage Incident Fee (per incident)
- Accidental drops, spills, or other unintentional damage
Charges for repairs not covered by the warranty
- Laptop Computer replacement for loss, theft, neglect, biological contamination, or intentional/willful acts of damage or abuse*
- Excessive Wear and Tear including stickers/defacing, discoloration, and severe scratches or marks on case or screen
- Power Adapter/Power Cord – HP computer
- Power Adapter/Power cord – Apple computer
- Administrative Fee
* The College cannot repair or redeploy systems that have been contaminated by urine/vomit/blood/feces or damaging/dangerous chemicals. Systems must be disposed of and replaced (human, animal or chemical).
- How do/What if I (need to) ship my laptop back to SWTC?
Any damages incurred during shipping are the responsibility of the sender. Southwest Tech requires that you insure the laptop for $1,000 when shipping it to Southwest Tech. Please include your name and student ID number in the shipping box when returning the laptop.
On Campus Return
To return your laptop, schedule an appointment with the Charger Technology Support Center.
- Log into the Charger Tech 360 Portal, and select 'Book Appointment'.
- On the Bookings page, select Return Laptop then select a date and time.
- On the day of your appointment, visist room 314A in the Knox Learning Center.
- Charger Technology Support Center staff will assist with the laptop return and inspect the hardware to be returned. Expect the process to take approximately 10 minutes.
- Charger Technology Support Center staff will provide a laptop return form to be signed by the student and the process will be complete.
Online Student Laptop Return
To return your laptop, ship the device and power adapter to the address below. Please note, it is recommended that you ship the device back using the original box and packaging material.
Place shipping insurance on the device for a value of at least $1,000.
Ship to:Charger Technology Support Center
1800 Bronston Blvd.
Fennimore, WI 53809
- Can I choose not to enroll in Charger Tech 360?
All eligible students are automatically enrolled in Charger Tech 360. At this time, there is not an option to choose to opt-out of the program.
- Do students get to keep the laptop at the end of the school year?
Students in Two-year programs will keep the laptop upon graduation after participating for at least four semesters in Charger Tech 360.
Students in short term programs (less than two years) will turn the laptop back into ITS upon graduation.
- Why did Southwest Tech decide to offer Charger Tech 360?
Southwest Tech is very excited to announce that the College will be offering the use of personal laptops to eligible program students beginning this fall. The three academic deans led this project in close collaboration with Information Technology Services. The College was able to support the Student Senate and host a special meeting to discuss the project and listen to students' opinions. At the end of the meeting, the Student Senate approved moving forward with the project.
Also, the academic deans believe that Charger Tech 360 will provide Southwest Tech students opportunities to succeed in achieving their academic goals. By giving you access to the technology you need, you will have a standard set of tools to complete your program and afford portability and technology required and used in business and industry. Progressive thinking and academic excellence made Southwest Tech a leader in technical education and continued academic excellence.
If you have feedback or questions not answered on this page, we encourage you to share them using the email form.