You are required to meet certain criteria in order to earn a degree, diploma or certificate from Southwest Tech. You must have:
- Fulfilled at least 25 percent of your program credit requirements while enrolled at Southwest Tech.
- Performed to an acceptable level by maintaining a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above. Some programs have a higher standard, requiring students to earn no lower than a "C" grade in every course.
- Met all financial obligations including childcare bills, library charges, Payments/Billing Office bills (tuition), bookstore charges, and parts charges. Failure to pay these bills will put a hold on your transcript and diploma.
Honors: Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above at graduation may wear and keep a high honor cord. Cumulative GPA is not rounded in determining eligibility (e.g. 3.49 is not rounded to 3.5). For two-year program students, GPA is determined by using all program-required coursework completed prior to the final term. For one-year program students, GPA is determined by using all completed program-required coursework plus grade approximations for final term program-required courses.
Associate Degree Hood: You will receive a degree hood from your instructor before the ceremony to wear over your graduation gown. The hood needs to be returned to the bookstore after the ceremony to avoid a $50 charge.
Phi Theta Kappa: Members of Phi Theta Kappa wear a gold stole with their graduation gowns. The stole needs to be returned to the Bookstore after the ceremony to avoid a $25 charge. If you would like to purchase a stole, you may go to store.ptk.org or call 800.946.9996. If you have any questions about Phi Theta Kappa, please contact Mary Johannesen.
Fall Graduation Ceremony Information:
Saturday, December 19, 2015
Fred Lenz Conference Center (Building 300)
Open seating: tickets will not be required
We generally expect to accommodate approximately four guests per graduate
A celebratory reception for graduates, guests and Southwest Tech staff will follow the ceremony in the cafeteria
Spring Graduation Ceremony Information:
- Saturday, May 14, 2016
- Ag/Auto Center (Building 1700), Auto Collision Bay (side closest to Hwy. 18)
- Open seating: tickets will not be required
- We generally expect to accommodate approximately five guests per graduate
- A celebratory reception for graduates, guests and Southwest Tech staff will follow the ceremony in the cafeteria
Additional important information will be placed here as graduation approaches.
Update your contact information such as address, personal email, and phone number before leaving campus. Your account will remain active for approximately one year after you graduate.
Please remember to access your grades on your MySWTC account. Grades should be available to you one to two weeks after the semester ends.
Transcripts will be checked for graduation requirements. Your diploma will be mailed to the address listed on your Program Completion Application approximately three to four weeks following graduation.
Please Stay In Touch with Southwest Tech!
Like us on Facebook to see graduation photos and videos!
Find out about alumni events by staying connected. Please email your current information and success stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who have secured employment related to their program may "job out" with instructor approval. This allows these students to be employed while concurrently completing course requirements. Requests are evaluated case by case, and the following guidelines must be observed:
- All pertinent forms and course completion requirements must be finalized between student and instructor, who may request confirmation of an employment offer with the employer.
- Students are excused from class attendance but not from completing class assignments.
- Jobbing out cannot occur until the last four weeks before graduation.