2021 Dairy Goat Academy
Canceling Face-to-Face Academy Events
Due to low enrollment we will be cancelling the face-to-face portion of the Dairy Goat Academy and Keeping/Enhancing the virtual portion.
The 2021 Dairy Goat Academy will be kicked off September 24th with a keynote presented virtually! This will be the start of the month long virtual event.
Enrollment opens August 1, 2021 With a Virtual Academy Fee of $75
2021 VIRTUAL ACADEMY PRESENTERS AND TOPICS
Keynote Kicks Off At 9 AM Live With 2 Presentations!
- 9:00 AM
- Welcome and Keynote Presentation: Chilton Dairy: Raising Goats in America’s Dairyland
- 10:00 AM
- PR in AG, or, more accurately, "My Grandparents Didn't Need a P.R. Person ... Why Do I?" -Avi Stern, Director of Public Affairs for Milk Source LLC
Will be recorded and added virtually.
- New Addition
- Meat Goat Farm Virtual tour of a commercial grain-free pastured meat goat herd- Cherrie Nolden,1dr Acres Farm
- Larissa McKenna, Humane Farming Program Director, Food Animal Concerns Trust (FACT); and Kara Shannon, senior manager of the Farm Animal Welfare program at the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) - Guide to Animal Welfare Certifications 101
- Paula Menzies, Professor Emerita, University of Guelph - Dairy Goat Udder Health
- Paula Menzies, Professor Emerita, University of Guelph - Biosecurity on Your Goat Operation
- Kickapoo Valley Dairy Goats Virtual Farm Tour
- Morgan Allen, Nutritionist for Big Gain - Mineral, What do my Goats Need and How Much
- Hernan Baldasare, Principal, Reproductive Solutions for Small Rumianants + Senior Researcher, McGill University - Multiple Ovulation and Embryo Transfer (MOET) in Goats
- Cherrie Nolden, 1 dr Acres Farm - Selecting and Training your Guard Dog
- Katherine Marchetto, Veterinary Population Medicine, University of Minnesota - Meningeal Worms and their Life Cycles
- Farm Tour Boot Jack Boer Goats
- VIMCO Goat Mastitis Vaccine