Is This Occupation for You?
Are you currently employed, with an interest in moving into a supervisory position? Do you enjoy coaching and working with people, both individually and in teams? Do you possess good communication skills and enjoy problem solving? Supervisory Management may be a great fit for you.
The online Supervisory Management program is designed specifically to meet the industry demand for trained supervisors in all types of organizations. The program content provides supervisory training and education for individuals presently employed in supervisory positions or those aspiring to move into a supervisory position.
Career/Job Titles for someone with supervisory management training include: supervisor, manager, production manager, human resources manager.
Students entering the Supervisory Management program should:
- Enjoy coaching and working with people both individually and in teams
- Possess good communication skills
- Enjoy solving problems
The online Supervisory Management program is designed specifically for individuals who work full time with a minimum amount of discretionary time available to pursue educational goals. This allows you to learn at a faster pace to earn your degree sooner. The course content and competencies are designed to be delivered online is a condensed format.
- Associate degree, requiring a minimum of two years to complete.
- Each one-credit technical course runs for four weeks.
- Students select the number of courses to complete within that timeframe.
- Courses rotate on a set schedule so students know when a course will be offered.
- The student becomes an active partner with the instructor and other learners in a collaborative, online learning experience.
- Concepts introduced in courses are applied in the workplace.
- General education courses are delivered completely online in either eight, twelve or sixteen week sessions.
- Prior learning credit is available for documented work experience.
Technical courses are listed below on a Fall/Spring Semester basis. However courses will be offered in four-week rotations during the semester in which the course is listed.
At the completion of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- Utilize quality strategies and tactics
- Explain the function of data in quality
- Identify internal and external stakeholder needs
- Manage a quality project
- Apply quality tools
- Apply effective leadership skills
- Demonstrate coaching skills
- Develop effective teams
- Apply motivation strategies
- Assess situational needs
- Describe characteristics and traits of effective leaders
- Demonstrate self-management skills including time and stress management
- Apply Human Resource policies and procedures
- Write a job description and job specifications
- Create a targeted recruitment plan
- Identify selection criteria
- Design a training plan
- Apply a performance appraisal plan
- Explain the importance of conformance with applicable employment laws
- Perform supervisory management functions to achieve organizational objectives
- Develop a plan to facilitate change
- Identify staffing needs
- Establish action steps to meet goals and objectives
- Utilize the control function to monitor performance
- Recognize and promote a safe workplace
- Select and apply appropriate means of communication to communicate effectively within an organization