Southwest Tech has embarked on a project to make and place 50 Little Free Libraries in communities within our district.
Little Free Libraries come in many shapes and sizes, but the most common version is a small wooden box of books. Anyone may take a book or bring a book to share. Little Free Library book exchanges have a unique, personal touch. There is an understanding that real people are sharing their favorite books with their community; Little Libraries have been called "mini-town squares."
More Little Free Library Information
The primary role of a sponsor is to provide funds for creating the physical Little Free Library. Your sponsorship includes:
- A fully built and stocked Southwest Tech Little Free Library
- A permanent plaque on the Little Free Library with your sponsorship name in memory of, in honor of, in appreciation of or your own individual name
- A registered library located on the Little Free Library World Map at http://littlefreelibrary.org/ourmap/
- A one-time cost of $250
- Tax deductible to the limits of the law
The primary role of a Steward is to care for a Little Free Library so that it becomes and continues as a vital and engaging resource for the neighborhood and community.
We encourage you, as a Steward, to:
- Protect the integrity of the Library itself, its contents and the overall reputation of the Little Free Library movement.
- Care for your Library by keeping the Library orderly, in good repair, fun and interesting.
- Promote and inform the community about the project and the exciting Little Free Library movement!