Why 100% Online Supply Chain Management
at Southwest Tech?
- Completely online which allows flexibility to study anytime and anywhere
- Courses starting every four weeks
- Cost effective program offered at a top ranked two year college
- Offers Credit for Prior learning to turn past experiences into college credit
- Military Friendly with great opportunities for Credit for Prior Learning
- Taught by experienced professionals who focus on real-life applications and share personal experiences to illustrate concepts
- Designed for students seeking to expand current supply chain management skills as well as those just starting out
- Includes Pathway Certificates
- Associate degree
- 4 semesters – 60 credits
- 100% online, full or part time. Some courses available on campus.
- Classes start every four weeks
- Financial aid eligible
- Credit for prior learning may be available
- Specialize in Lean
Related Degrees & Certificates
- Curriculum & Costs
Admission and Program Requirements
- Submit Application and $30 Application Fee
- To make sure your classes are the right fit, we consider any previous college credit you've earned, Accuplacer or ACT scores, high school GPA, or an assessment at your registration session. Submit High School Transcripts, College Transcripts, and Test Scores to: Southwest Tech, Attn: Admissions, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809
- Admissions Meeting: After applying and submitting transcripts, make an admissions meeting with the advisor by clicking "Make an appointment" in the Advisor block on this page.
Requirements for Online Students
Chromebooks are not compatible with some testing features within Schoology (our Learning Management System). Southwest Tech recommends not to use Chromebooks for classes.
Cable/broadband/DSL internet with a minimum speed of 1.5Mbps. You can test your local internet speed at www.speedtest.net. Run this test from the location you will be working from.
Higher bandwidth and speed will greatly assist you in your online learning environment, so where possible, a faster internet speed is recommended. Cable internet tend to be faster than DSL or 4G wireless, although DSL or 4G wireless may also work depending on other factors. Your computer, other software (such as anti spyware), other users on the system, and system configurations can all influence your ultimate line speed. Many instructors use videos as a part of their instruction, as well as synchronous meeting times (Skype, Adobe Connect, etc). Having an acceptable internet connection speed will be important to your success.
Convenient access to a computer that has one of the following current versions of Internet Browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- An active e-mail account (all Southwest Tech students are issued a free email account)
- Word processing software (Microsoft Word is the recommended word processing software at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College). Free Microsoft Office software is available to all Southwest Tech students at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office
- Availability of 10-15 hours per week for each 3-credit course
- Self-motivation and self-discipline
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Estimated cost for each semester can be found under the Curriculum tab. Please note that costs are approximate and are based on the current academic year.
- Please discuss additional fee questions with the program advisor or instructor.
At the completion of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- Define (plan) operations, transportation, procurement and distribution
- Measure operations, transportation, procurement and distribution
- Analyze operations, transportation, procurement and distribution
- Improve operations, transportation, procurement and distribution
- Control operations, transportation, procurement and distribution
- Career Opportunities
Supply chain management includes a broad range of occupational titles. Those listed below are commonly found in industry, but specific titles will vary according to each individual employer. With additional education and/or work experience, Supply Chain Management program graduates may have additional opportunities in managerial roles such as plant manager, operations manager, production manager, warehouse manager, purchasing manager, inventory manager, distribution manager, transportation manager, logistics manager, and supply chain manager, among others.
Southwest Tech's Career Connections Center offers Services to assist students looking for job placement.
- Prior Learning
Credit for Prior Learning
Experience Pays! You've Been There... You've Done That... Let's See If You Can Get Credit For It!
Credit for prior learning gives you opportunities to earn credit for college-level knowledge that you have already acquired. This may be the result of work or volunteer experiences, certifications, apprenticeships, military training, extensive self-instruction, or professional development. Credit for Prior Learning affords you the opportunity to accelerate the completion of your educational goals.
For more information on Credit for Prior Learning see our Credit for Prior Learning page.
At any time, you may Request Credit for Prior Learning.
Supply Chain Management Courses that may have Credit for Prior Learning options:
Course # Course Title Challenge Exam
CLEP Credential Portfolio 10-101-101 Accounting 1, Part 1 10-102-130 Management Principles CLEP Test - Principles of Management 10-103-106 Beginning Microsoft Excel Any Microsoft MOUS certification (even an old certification) will also be considered for CPL 10-103-118 Intermediate Microsoft Excel Any Microsoft MOUS certification (even an old certification) will also be considered for CPL 10-182-104 Inventory Management CPIM Tests - Basic Supply Chain Management, Detailed Scheduling and Planning, and/or Execution and Control of Operations 10-182-109 Service Operations Management CPIM Certification in all 5 tests 10-623-110 Lean Concepts Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Requires approval of course instructor 10-623-112 Lean Six Sigma Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Requires approval of course instructor 10-801-195 Written Communication College Composition CLEP test would also be accepted for credit. However, the challenge exam is the preferred method. 10-801-196 Oral/Interpersonal Communication 10-804-123 Math with Business Applications 10-809-172 Introduction to Diversity Studies 10-809-195 Economics CLEP Test - Principles of Macroeconomics