Train to become a security professional. As a student in the Security Operations program, you will learn to protect, patrol, or monitor areas to prevent theft, violence, or violations of rules.
Graduates are ready for careers as security guards and protective service workers. Job tasks may include documenting, recording information, getting information, and working directly with the public.
Is This Program for You?
Do you enjoy working with and assisting members of the public? Are you a problem solver with a strong attention to detail? Answering “Yes” could mean that a challenging and rewarding career awaits you in the Security field.
Students entering Security Operations program should:
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Think creatively.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Technical diploma
- Classes are offered daytime, face to face, and on campus
- Fall Start
Related Degrees & Certificates
- Curriculum & Costs
Admission and Program Requirements
- Submit Application and $30 Application Fee
- To make sure your classes are the right fit, we consider any previous college credit you've earned, Accuplacer or ACT scores, high school GPA, or an assessment at your registration session. Submit High School Transcripts, College Transcripts, and Test Scores to: Southwest Tech, Attn: Admissions, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809
Helpful Academic Background
- Social Sciences
- Written and oral communications
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Estimated cost for each semester can be found under the Curriculum tab. Please note that costs are approximate and are based on the current academic year.
- Please discuss additional fee questions with the program advisor or instructor.
At the completion of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- Identify and respond to security threats
- Assist with planning functions
- Respond to emergencies
- Communicate with members of the public in variety of situations
- Conduct risk assessments and site security surveys
- Conduct investigations
- Assist in the implementation of plans, policies and procedures
- Prior Learning
Credit for Prior Learning
Experience Pays! You've Been There... You've Done That... Let's See If You Can Get Credit For It!
Credit for prior learning gives you opportunities to earn credit for college-level knowledge that you have already acquired. This may be the result of work or volunteer experiences, certifications, apprenticeships, military training, extensive self-instruction, or professional development. Credit for Prior Learning affords you the opportunity to accelerate the completion of your educational goals.
For more information on Credit for Prior Learning see our Credit for Prior Learning page.
At any time, you may Request Credit for Prior Learning.
Security Operations Courses that may have Credit for Prior Learning options: