Don't be limited by traditional roles! We continue to see more students studying what they really enjoy. Sometimes that takes a person into a nontraditional area of study. Nontraditional Occupations (NTO) are careers that currently employ 25% or less of one traditional gender.
The NTO career options include construction trades, electrical and mechanical technicians, firefighters, and law enforcement. These careers offer higher wages than many of those traditionally dominated by women. In addition, they are expected to show rapid growth in the upcoming decade.
High-wage, fast-growth opportunities exist in NTO careers. Career options include administration, cosmetology, childcare, and healthcare.
Southwest Tech offers various engagement opportunities and support services for NTO program students.
- Agribusiness Science & Technology - Agribusiness Management
- Agribusiness Science & Technology - Agronomy
- Agribusiness Science & Technology - Agronomy Technician
- Agribusiness Science & Technology - Animal Science
- Agribusiness Science & Technology - Applicator Technician
- Agricultural Power & Equipment Technician
- Farm Business & Production Management
- Farm Operations & Management - Farm Ag Maintenance
- Auto Collision Repair & Refinish Technician
- Automotive Technician
- Building Trades—Carpentry
- CNC Machine Operator/Programmer
- Electrical Power Distribution
- Electro-Mechanical Technology
- Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Mechanic
- Instrumentation and Controls Technology
- IT-Network Specialist
- Mechatronics Technician Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Apprenticeship