Data analyst students will explore the role of analyzing data for employers while leveraging critical-thinking skills, effective communication with stakeholders, gathering information necessary to identify data needs and offer solutions, while recommending opportunity for improvement with the use of data. Graduates of this program are in high demand in many industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, and finance.
- 100% Online
- Courses starting every 8 weeks
- Valuable degree from a top ranked Technical College
- Military Friendly
- Credit for Prior Learning opportunities
Is This Program for You?
- Associate degree requiring a minimum of two years to complete.
- 4 semesters – 60 credits
- 100% online, full or part time. Some courses available on campus.
- Classes start every eight weeks.
- Financial aid available.
- Credit for prior learning may be available.
- Curriculum & Costs
Admission and Program Requirements
- Submit Application and $30 Application Fee
- To make sure your classes are the right fit, we consider any previous college credit you've earned, Accuplacer or ACT scores, high school GPA, or an assessment at your registration session. Submit High School Transcripts, College Transcripts, and Test Scores to: Southwest Tech, Attn: Admissions, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809
- Admissions Meeting: After applying and submitting transcripts, make an admissions meeting with the advisor by clicking "Make an appointment" in the Advisor block on this page.
Helpful Academic Background
- Consumer math
- Computer skills
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Estimated cost for each semester can be found under the Curriculum tab. Please note that costs are approximate and are based on the current academic year.
- Please discuss additional fee questions with the program advisor or instructor.
- Career Opportunities
Data Analytics includes a broad range of occupational titles. Those listed below are commonly found in industry, but specific titles will vary according to each individual employer. With additional education and/or work experience, Data Analtyics program graduates may have additional opportunities in managerial roles such as Operations Research Analysts, Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists among others.
Southwest Tech's Career Connections Center offers Services to assist students looking for job placement.
- Prior Learning
Credit for Prior Learning
Experience Pays! You've Been There... You've Done That... Let's See If You Can Get Credit For It!
Credit for prior learning gives you opportunities to earn credit for college-level knowledge that you have already acquired. This may be the result of work or volunteer experiences, certifications, apprenticeships, military training, extensive self-instruction, or professional development. Credit for Prior Learning affords you the opportunity to accelerate the completion of your educational goals.
For more information on Credit for Prior Learning see our Credit for Prior Learning page.
At any time, you may Request Credit for Prior Learning.
Data Analytics Courses that may have Credit for Prior Learning options:
Course # Course Title Challenge Exam
CLEP Credential Portfolio 10-103-118 Intermediate Microsoft Excel Any Microsoft MOUS certification (even an old certification) will also be considered for CPL 10-623-110 Lean Concepts Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Requires approval of course instructor 10-801-196 Oral/Interpersonal Communication 10-801-197 Technical Reporting 10-809-195 Economics CLEP Test - Principles of Macroeconomics