Join one of the fastest-growing fields, Data Analytics, by earning an Associate Degree in Applied Sciences from Southwest Wisconsin Technical College.
Big data is a huge part of business today. Learning the skills will set you up for a successful career as a data analyst. Graduates of this program are in high demand in many industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, and finance.
This is where learning is valued
- Learn the role of analyzing data for employers gathering information necessary to identify data needs.
- Apply critical-thinking skills through the use of data.
- Develop effective communication skills with stakeholders through your findings and offer solutions, while recommending opportunities for improvement with the use of data.
This is where anything is possible
- 100% Online Asynchronous Courses– login on anytime anywhere to complete your coursework.
- Flexible schedule – with courses starting every 8 weeks you will focus on mastering specific topics before moving on to new ones.
- All current American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations are eligible for prior learning credit evaluation at Southwest Tech. Learn more under Prior Learning below.
Is This Program for You?
- Associate degree requiring a minimum of two years to complete.
- 4 semesters – 60 credits
- 100% online, full or part time. Some courses available on campus.
- Classes start every eight weeks.
- Financial aid available.
- Credit for prior learning may be available.
- Curriculum & Costs
Admission and Program Requirements
- Submit Application and $30 Application Fee
- To make sure your classes are the right fit, we consider any previous college credit you've earned, Accuplacer or ACT scores, high school GPA, or an assessment at your registration session. Submit High School Transcripts, College Transcripts, and Test Scores to: Southwest Tech, Attn: Admissions, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809
- Admissions Meeting: After applying and submitting transcripts, make an admissions meeting with the advisor by clicking "Make an appointment" in the Advisor block on this page.
Helpful Academic Background
- Consumer math
- Computer skills
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Estimated cost for each semester can be found under the Curriculum tab. Please note that costs are approximate and are based on the current academic year.
- Please discuss additional fee questions with the program advisor or instructor.
- Career Opportunities
Data Analytics includes a broad range of occupational titles. Those listed below are commonly found in industry, but specific titles will vary according to each individual employer. With additional education and/or work experience, Data Analtyics program graduates may have additional opportunities in managerial roles such as Operations Research Analysts, Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists among others.
Southwest Tech's Career Connections Center offers Services to assist students looking for job placement.
- Prior Learning
Credit for Prior Learning
Experience Pays! You've Been There... You've Done That... Let's See If You Can Get Credit For It!
Credit for prior learning gives you opportunities to earn credit for college-level knowledge that you have already acquired. This may be the result of work or volunteer experiences, certifications, apprenticeships, military training, extensive self-instruction, or professional development. Credit for Prior Learning affords you the opportunity to accelerate the completion of your educational goals.
For more information on Credit for Prior Learning see our Credit for Prior Learning page.
At any time, you may Request Credit for Prior Learning.
Data Analytics Courses that may have Credit for Prior Learning options:
Course # Course TitleChallenge Exam
10-103-118 Intermediate Microsoft Excel Any Microsoft MOUS certification (even an old certification) will also be considered for CPL 10-623-110 Lean Concepts Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Requires approval of course instructor 10-801-196 Oral/Interpersonal Communication 10-801-197 Technical Reporting 10-809-195 Economics CLEP Test - Principles of Macroeconomics